[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc Research Fellow positions in Rehab Robotics and Robot Vision at National University of Singapore

Yu Haoyong bieyhy at nus.edu.sg
Thu May 21 22:13:28 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to announce multiple research fellow positions available in the department of Biomedical Engineering at the National University of Singapore.

1. Postdoc Research Fellow in Rehabilitation Robotics
We are currently developing robotic exoskeletons for over ground gait training for individuals with neurological impairments. This research aims to develop the fundamental enabling technologies for the development of the next generation wearable robotics. In particular, we will focus on the following key research areas: a) Bio-inspired compliant and force controllable actuators with variable impedance for safer human robot interaction; b) Novel mechanism design, such as cable drive mechanism to achieve lightweight wearable robotics; c) Novel sensing technologies for human motion intent detection with wearable sensors and machine learning algorithms for gait kinematics and gait phase detection; d) Novel bio-signal processing techniques for both EEG and EMG for brain machine interface and biofeedback; e) Intelligent control systems for better human robot interaction control.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with the following relevant research background to apply: biomechanics of human walking, sensory-motor control, rehabilitation and assistive engineering, electromechanical dynamic systems modeling and control, robot control, human robot interaction, bio signal processing and machine learning.

2. Postdoc Research Fellow in Robotic Vision
Advanced Robotics Center (ARC) at National University of Singapore is looking for several candidates to work robot vision for the both unmanned ground vehicle and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle projects.
a)      Drainage inspection robot:  we are developing autonomous unmanned vehicles for inspection of stagnant water, structural damage in underground drainages. The candidates will work on vision based localization, navigation and object classification and recognition.
b)      Vision Guided Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Landing: we are developing visual-based navigation and control techniques for UAV landing on moving platforms. We are particularly interested in biologically inspired vision approaches, such as optical flow and time-to-contact methods
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with PhD in Computer Science or Computer and Electrical Engineering background with relevant robot vision and machine learning experience.  Candidates with strong publication track record as well as good written and spoken English skills are strongly preferred.

We will provide excellent work conditions and impressive financial and physical resources. The salaries will be internationally competitive and commensurate with experience, and health insurance coverage as well as travel to international conferences will be included. Interested researchers and fellows should send the application package including a CV with two external references and a letter of accomplishments, motivation and career goals to:

Haoyong YU, PhD (bieyhy at nus.edu.sg)
Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Engineering
9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117575
Office: Block EA-02-02
Tel: +(65) 6601-1590
Fax: +(65) 6872-3069

Prof. Haoyong Yu is also available for meetings at the conference site during ICRA 2015. Candidates who are interested in finding out more about our research and the positions are welcome to contact and arrange a meeting.

Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.