[robotics-worldwide] [software] Open-Source Structural Inspection Path-Planning Toolbox

alexisk konstantinos.alexis at mavt.ethz.ch
Fri May 22 14:50:07 PDT 2015

A new software package for Structural Inspection Path-Planning using Aerial
Robots (and not only) is released and open-sourced. Those interested, may
find the complete software as well as its wiki documentation in the
"ethz-asl/StructuralInspectionPlanner" Git Repository:

https://github.com/ethz-asl/StructuralInspectionPlanner

The implemeted method is the one presented in our recent ICRA 2015 paper
contribution:

A. Bircher, K. Alexis, M. Burri, P. Oettershagen, S. Omari, T. Mantel and R.
Siegwart, "Structural Inspection Path Planning via Iterative Viewpoint
Resampling with Application to Aerial Robotics", Seattle, Washington, USA,
May 26-30, 2015

The toolbox can be used "as is" via its ROS interfaces or be employed as the
basis for further developments. We look forward for your comments and
feedback!

--
Dr. Kostas Alexis
Autonomous Systems Laboratory