[robotics-worldwide] [Meetings] CfP: IROS 2015 Full Day Workshop on Safety for Human-Robot Interaction in Industrial Settings - euRobotics Topic List – Industrial Robotics event organised by H2020 project FourbyThree
helge.wurdemann at kcl.ac.uk
Thu May 21 03:45:53 PDT 2015
Call for Papers
This workshop is an official "euRobotics Topic List – Industrial Robotics" event organised by H2020 project FourbyThree.
IROS 2015 Full Day Workshop on "Safety for Human-Robot Interaction in Industrial Settings"
to be held at the 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Hamburg
Submission deadline: 15 July 2015
Notification of acceptance: 31 July 2015
Final paper submission: 15 August 2015
Workshop Date: Tbc
We are pleased to invite you to contribute to this workshop which aims to bring together experts active in the field of human-robot interaction with particular emphasis on safety. The sector experiences a paradigm shift from the traditional heavy-duty robot operating separated from the human worker in a fenced area to robots that work close to the human, adapting to the movements of the human and possibly even interacting with them. The workshop will explore the potential, opportunities and risks of robots operating in a modern factory environment where human-robot interaction is used as a means to pave the path for accelerated manufacturing whilst reducing costs.
Topics of interest:
• How safe are today's robots to allow human-robot interaction in shared workspaces?
• Are existing safety standards applicable for the use of robots intended for close collaboration with humans? What extensions are required?
• What are the best technologies currently available to achieve safe robots?
• The importance of Standards (including the new TS15066 (due out in Dec 2015)) for the development of safe robots
• Controllability, stability, force/torque transmission
• Human perspective (including trust towards and acceptance of robotic systems)
• Future direction of development in safe robots for industry
• Safety in the context of real industrial scenarios (Use cases will be presented)
Workshop Paper Submission
We solicit contributions in the form of extended abstracts (max 2 pages) in IROS paper format, to be presented at the workshop as posters. Please send your contribution to Dr. Helge Wurdemann (helge.wurdemann at kcl.ac.uk). Outstanding contributions may be selected for oral presentations. Please submit your contribution in form of a single PDF file.
We look forward to seeing you at this IROS 2015 Workshop,
The Organizing Committee
Prof. Kaspar Althoefer, King’s College London, UK
Dr. Iñaki Maurtua, Tekniker, Spain
Dr. Hongbin Liu, King’s College London, UK
Dr. Helge Wurdemann, King’s College London, UK
Dr. José de Gea Fernández, DFKI, Robotics Innovation Center, Germany
More information about the robotics-worldwide