[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] INRIA/Toyota Postdoctoral Position on Advanced Perception and Sensor Fusion

Dizan Vasquez dichodaemon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 05:34:30 PST 2015

Team CHROMA at INRIA Rhône-Alpes, Grenoble, France and TOYOTA Europe
are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher to
contribute in
the next step of our ongoing collaboration on Advanced Perception and
Sensor
Fusion Systems for Autonomous Navigation. The proposed work shall focus
on the development of models and methods to fuse multi-modal information
from the kind of sensors that will equip tomorrow's vehicles. The
proposed approach is to improve and extend upon our existing methods for
grid-based sensor fusion and our existing battery of computer vision
algorithms in
order to adapt them to work in the very challenging conditions that are
often found
in real driving scenarios.

The position is to be fulfilled as soon as possible. Applications can be
sent
immediately and will continue to be evaluated until the position is
taken. The initial
term is one year, with a possible extension depending on performance. The
Post-doctoral researcher will be located in Grenoble, France with
occasional trips to
Toyota Europe's offices in Brussels.

The ideal candidate should possess a PhD in computer vision or a related
discipline.
He/She must demonstrate strong analytical skills and creativity, as well
as knowledge in
multi-sensor fusion and have good general understanding of object
detection and
tracking. She or he must have experience in software development in C++
and Linux. The candidate
shall be capable of working autonomously on assigned tasks. At the same
time, team work
is crucial as it is the capability to perform experiments
with an equipped experimental car. Familiarity with CUDA and Boost
libraries will be appreciated. Experience using the Robotics library ROS
and fluency in English will be an advantage.

Applicants should submit:

- A one page cover letter describing their background and motivations.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Publication list.
- Contact information of at least one referee.

Applications should be sent in a single PDF document to:

alejandro-dizan.vasquez-govea at inria.fr
amaury.negre at inria.fr
christian.laugier at inria.fr

National Security : Inria is an organization with a restricted access
policy. The definitive recruitment of
every new collaborator of the institute is conditioned to clearance from
the French ministry of defense.