[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Computer Vision Engineer ­- 2D / 3D Image Segmentation (Boston) - Essess Inc.

Jan Falkowski jan.falkowski at essess.com
Wed Nov 4 11:35:18 PST 2015

We're hiring at Essess (www.essess.com) for a Senior 2D/3D Computer
Vision Engineer. Our tech-stack utilizes a number of integrated robotic
sensor technologies and software tools, and we've got some very
experienced roboticists leading our technical team. Please take a look
at the job posting below as well or on our website:

http://www.essess.com/about/careers/

Inquiries should be sent to [jobs at essess dot com]

Thanks,

Jan Falkowski
Chief Technology Officer
www.essess.com
51 Melcher Street, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02210

Senior Computer Vision Engineer - 2D / 3D Image Segmentation (Boston)

Brief Description:

Essess (www.essess.com) is seeking a motivated Computer Vision and 3D
Data Engineer to be key part of our fast-paced product development team
to help create cutting-edge energy loss detection and diagnostics
products for home and building properties. The Senior Computer Vision
Engineer will build systems capable of identifying buildings and
building components from large data sets of high-resolution and
high-throughput 2D imaging and 3D point cloud data utilizing
segmentation and machine learning techniques.

The ideal candidate will have experience or expertise in 2D image
processing and computer vision, 3D point cloud data, machine learning,
and will bring an analytical approach to solving complex real-world
problems.

Full Description:

Essess is all about leveraging cutting edge technology to enable energy
efficiency. Our products identify hot spots in building infrastructures
using customized multi-sensor hardware and software systems that
capture and process data for millions of buildings. Through the use of
robotics, computer vision, and big data analysis, we deliver
high-throughput, actionable, thermal analyses of building envelopes
without the  need for on-site visits, thus providing a meaningful
solution to address climate change while reducing energy costs.

You will:

- Design and implement computer vision systems to characterize and
classify building energy issues using thermal, night-vision and LIDAR data
- Characterize algorithm performance with real-world data gathered from
field trials
- Support production deployment of computer vision algorithms over
city-scale data sets
- Take ownership for whole components of product development
- Work with a small team in a fast-paced environment focused on the
development and productization of algorithms for real-world applications

Job requirements:

- 5+ yr experience developing computer vision solutions utilizing object
recognition, segmentation, tracking
- 3+ yr Python (preferred) or C++ development experience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a
related field
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability working in 2D/3D problem
spaces
- Good interpersonal skills, oral/written communication and idea
presentation
- Linux, scripting, and version control experience

Additional desired skills:

- OpenCV, PIL, Point Cloud Library (pcl), NumPy or similar library
experience
- Robot Operating System (ROS) and/or experience with computer vision
for robotic applications
- LIDAR / 3D data algorithm development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Database programming experience
- SLAM or pose estimation algorithm experience
- GIS or mapping experience

What's in it for you?

- A great opportunity to work with a technology team that is defining
new markets in the growing domain of energy optimization
- Tremendous growth opportunity; competitive compensation package
including base salary, stock and benefits

Please send your resume to [jobs at essess.com]. Candidates must be
authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any
employer. If you have a code repository or portfolio of your work,
please include the link in your submission. No recruiters please.