[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Assistant Professor Position
e.magid at innopolis.ru
Sat Nov 7 05:47:50 PST 2015
Dear colleagues (sorry for cross-posting),
Intelligent Robotic Systems Laboratory of the Innopolis University (Russia, Kazan) invites an application for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in robotics. We looking for strong candidates in the area of SWARM ROBOTICS or UAVs. The successful candidate will teach both undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students and develop a strong externally funded research program, possibly in collaboration with faculty and other colleges. We offer you a stimulating scientific environment with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. Your responsibilities will include research (~50% of your time), teaching (40%) and administration (10%).
Candidates must have a PhD in Robotics, CS, EE, ME or a closely related field. At least one Postdoctoral research experience is a must. Candidates should have an outstanding research record, list of publications, and a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and graduate training. In particular, we are looking for broadly educated and multidisciplinary applicants who can interact with a wide range of faculty in robotics. Priority will be given to the overall potential of the candidate and broad international experience. Knowledge of Russian language is a plus, but is not an obligation as all teaching and communications in Innopolis University are performed in English.
- Highly competitive salary from 5000k to 6750k RUS rubles per annum depending on skills and experience (FYI: minimal and average salary for Kazan in 2015 was officially registered as 6.5k and 32k per month respectively; Russian taxes are about 30% for the first 6 month and 13% starting from the 7-th month of your stay in Russia)
- Training and Development Opportunities, including overseas training periods at our partner universities and summer schools
- Opportunity of promotion to Associate Professor position after 5 years of service and starting your own laboratory in the future
- Relocation allowance, housing allowance, vacation allowance and even more
- Very friendly working environment!
Applicants should submit detailed Curriculum Vitae with a passport photo (please specify your citizenship, birth date and current address), clear teaching and research statement along with names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of at least 3 professional references, list of publications, an application letter with salary requirements on self-assessment basis, certificates for PhD degree and Postdoctoral experience.
The position starts on January 15, 2016 or as soon as possible after.
The applications review will start on November 26, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
Only selected after application package review candidates will be contacted for the interview scheduling.
Please send your applications via email to robotics at innopolis.ru<mailto:robotics at innopolis.ru> with the email subject line: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR APPLICATION.
Innopolis University: http://university.innopolis.ru/en/
Intelligent Robotic Systems Laboratory:
More details about the benefits package: http://university.innopolis.ru/en/join-us/robotics
More information about the robotics-worldwide