[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Two Postdoctoral Researcher Positions
e.magid at innopolis.ru
Sat Nov 7 06:13:43 PST 2015
Dear colleagues (sorry for cross-posting),
Intelligent Robotic Systems Laboratory of the Innopolis University (Russia, Kazan) invites applications for two Postdoctoral Researcher positions in the areas of
>> motion planning
>> swarm robotics
We offer you a stimulating scientific environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development and fantastic opportunities of contributing to the development of a brand-new university focused on education and research in the field of IT & Robotics!
- Research (70-90% of time)
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (as a TA, but exceptional candidates may have an opportunity for lecturing) (0-10%)
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate students (10-20%)
- A PhD in Robotics, CS, EE, ME or a closely related field
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Proven record of publications in a RELEVANT research field
- High self-motivation, creativity, independence, pioneering spirit, strong interpersonal and team player skills
- Tolerant attitude to opinions, beliefs, racial or ethnic origins
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills and proficiency with ROS
- Experience in teaching and supervising project teams
- Proficiency with Matlab/Simulink, Linux/Ubuntu, OpenCV, Gazebo and Latex
- Experience with SLAM and online sensors usage
- Knowledge of Russian language is a plus, but is not an obligation as all teaching and communication in Innopolis University are performed in English
A successful candidate will obtain the initial contract for one year, which could be further unlimitedly extended on the rolling basis. Exceptional candidate will have an opportunity of promotion to a tenure-track Assistant Professor position after 3+ years of service. Priority will be given to the overall potential of the candidate and broad international experience.
- Highly competitive salary from 90k to 160k RUS rubles per month depending on skills and experience (FYI: minimal and average salary for Kazan in 2015 was officially registered as 6.5k and 32k per month respectively; Russian taxes are about 30% for the first 6 month and 13% starting from the 7-th month of your stay in Russia)
- Salary progression within this scale is subject to performance and will be reviewed every 12 months of the service
- Exceptional performance may be awarded with one-time bonuses and salary progression beyond the above scale
- Training and Development Opportunities, including overseas training periods at our partner universities and summer schools
- Payed vacation of 21 days per year, benefits package, tuition benefits for children
- Very friendly working environment!
[APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT:]
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with a passport photo (please specify your citizenship, birth date and current address)
- Letter of interest with salary requirements on self-assessment basis
- Research proposal
- Certificates and grade transcripts for Bachelor, Master and PhD degrees, English proficiency test and other certificates that may add value to your application
- List of publications
- Contacts of at least 3 professional references
The position starts on January 15, 2016 or as soon as possible after.
The applications review will start on November 26, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
Only selected after application package review candidates will be contacted for the interview scheduling.
Innopolis University: http://university.innopolis.ru/en/
Intelligent Robotic Systems Laboratory:
More details about the benefits package: http://university.innopolis.ru/en/join-us/robotics
More information about the robotics-worldwide