[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Experienced Researcher in Cyber-Physical Systems

KLAUS RAIZER klaus.raizer at ericsson.com
Thu Nov 12 03:00:24 PST 2015

Experienced Researcher in the areas of Management and Operations of Cyber-Physical Systems

Ericsson Research (ER) is the research organization within the Ericsson group. We are about  680 researchers in eight countries with a central site in Stockholm (Kista). Our mission is to provide Ericsson with innovation and the long term competitive edge for product provisioning. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation; within Ericsson; with partners, customers, universities, and research institutes. ER consists of nine Research Areas (RA) covering key technologies of interest

Management and Operations of Complex Systems is a research area at Ericsson Research, looking for candidates with cutting edge ideas about how to address challenges of Networked Society with increasing number of interconnected systems of systems equipped with embedded software and electronics and connected to the outside world by sensors and actuators. Management and operations aspects of such systems, called Cyber-Physical Systems, are among the main areas of research of Management and Operations of Complex Systems.

Job description

This requested job position is physically placed in Indaiatuba city, Brazil

You will become a member of a worldwide research team where you will be able to, together with the team, contribute to and create a compelling research agenda. Your contribution will include one or more of the following areas: Formal modeling and analysis of systems of systems, simulation, synthesis of optimal parameters, optimization algorithms for state space exploration, analysis and synthesis of safety-critical cyber-physical systems.

Qualifications
We are looking for newly graduated Masters or PhDs possibly with some industry experience. You have MSc or PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or similar.

Here's what we are looking for in a successful candidate:

  *   You need to be a self-starter who can take initiatives and be a team player at the same time.
  *   You like to work in an environment where you cooperate closely with your team colleagues, together striving to fulfil common targets.
  *   You like to communicate with people and find it easy to explain your findings and knowledge to others.
  *   You have strong analytical skills and are eager to find innovative solutions to problems.
  *   You should have solid programming skills

Experience in one or more of the following areas is an advantage:

  *   Formal modeling and analysis of system behavior
  *   Formal verification and simulation
  *   Engineering aspects of cyber-physical systems
  *   Optimization techniques
Applications can be submitted at the following link: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=97243&company=Ericsson&username
After applying, we also ask you to please send your CV (as a reply to this email) in PDF format to Karam Takieddine (karam.takieddine at ericsson.com) who is responsible for the research area in Indaiatuba.

Best regards,

KLAUS RAIZER Dr. Eng.
Experienced Researcher, MOCS
RLAM IC Research & Intellectual Property
Ericsson

Ericsson
Rod. Eng. Ermênio de Oliveira Penteado, km 57.5
Indaiatuba, SP, Brazil