[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] UTIAS Robotics Graduate Student Advertisement

Tim Barfoot tim.barfoot at utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 12 07:09:02 PST 2015

UTIAS Robotics Graduate Student Advertisement

The University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies (UTIAS) is
seeking applicants for a number of funded graduate student positions in the
short and medium term.  UTIAS is the top graduate-level aerospace
department in Canada and also has one of the highest concentrations of
robotics researchers in the country.  We are focussed on the overarching
theme of long-term autonomy, which includes visual navigation,
learning-based control, and multisensor fusion and calibration.

We currently have the following positions open for January 2016 starts:

-1 PhD/MASc position on indoor navigation and monitoring with UAVs (Angela
Schoellig)

-1 PhD on machine learning for high-performance maneuvering of hybrid
aerial vehicles (Angela Schoellig)

-1 PhD position on multi-sensor indoor mapping (Jonathan Kelly)

-1 MASc position on low-cost assistive navigation systems (Jonathan Kelly)

-1 PhD position on visual navigation of fixed-wing UAVs (Tim Barfoot)

-1 PhD position on lidar-based motion estimation (Tim Barfoot)

We also have positions open for May and September starts.  If you are
interested, please apply directly to UTIAS:

  http://www.utias.utoronto.ca/prospective-students/admissions

We look forward to receiving your application!