[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fully funded Ph.D. position with focus on cooperative robotics, the University of California Irvine
solmaz at uci.edu
Tue Nov 17 05:59:03 PST 2015
Fully funded Ph.D. position with focus on cooperative robotics, the University of California Irvine
There is an immediate open position in Professor Solmaz Kia’s research group (visit solmaz.eng.uci.edu) in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department of the University of California Irvine (http://www.eng.uci.edu/dept/mae <http://www.eng.uci.edu/dept/mae>). The successful applicant will work on developing efficient distributed cooperative localization and map building algorithms for robotic networks. Students from all majors relevant to probabilistic robotics are encouraged to apply.
This is a fully funded position. Review of submissions will begin immediately. The successful candidate can start as early as January 2016. Other possible start dates are March 2016, June 2016 and Sept. 2016.
- M.S. degree in electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or a closely related area.
- Familiarity with probabilistic robotics
- Excellent mathematical background.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Hands on experience with ROS and programming skill in Python/C++/C .
- Familiarity with programing for Turtlebots in ROS
- Publication track record.
To Apply: Please email, as a single .pdf document: (i) a cover letter (clearly indicating available start date, relevant experience and motivation); (ii) detailed CV; (iii) transcript and (iv) copies of relevant publications (if any) to solmaz at uci.edu. The successful applicant will be directed to apply to the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering department of UC Irvine, and so must meet all requirements of the graduate school. Review of submissions will begin immediately.
Prof. Solmaz S. Kia
Solmaz Kia, Ph.D.,
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Dept.,
University of California Irvine
email: solmaz at uci.edu
More information about the robotics-worldwide