[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Reminder: Faculty positions in Robotics at MIT (applications due Dec 1)

Russ Tedrake russt at csail.mit.edu
Sat Nov 21 17:05:55 PST 2015

Dear Robotics Worldwide,

Just a reminder that MIT has a number of departments that have identified robotics as a particular focus area for their faculty searches this year, and their deadlines are coming up:

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
  Robotics is a focus for BOTH the CS and the EE searches
  https://eecs-search.eecs.mit.edu/
  application deadline is Dec 1, 2015

Mechanical Engineering
  John Leonard already sent around the following link:
  https://school-of-engineering-faculty-search.mit.edu/meche/register.tcl
  review of applicants begins Dec 1, 2015

Aeronautics and Astronautics:
  https://school-of-engineering-faculty-search.mit.edu/aeroastro/
  applications should be received by Dec 1, 2015

Institute for Data, Systems, and Society
  This is a relatively brand new and very strong institute on campus with multiple faculty opens in networks and statistics.  Robotics and autonomous systems is one key area of growth.
  http://idss.mit.edu/opportunities/
  application deadline in Jan 1, 2015

These will be independent (but coordinated) searches; candidates are welcome to apply to multiple positions.

There are already 30 robotics labs here at MIT ( http://robotics.mit.edu ) and we’re extremely excited about continuing to grow our community.  The Boston area is absolutely booming with robotics startups and major robotics research initiatives by Google, Amazon, and Toyota.  Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email if you have any questions.

- Russ