[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Two PhD openings at TU Wien "Robotic 3D Scene Segmentation"

Markus Vincze Vincze at acin.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 23 07:37:02 PST 2015

Dear Roboticists,

there are two job openings in advanced robotics for ambitious graduates (MS-Level, PhD-Level) with background in engineering, computer science, mathematics etc. The topics revolve around 3D object recognition, classification, interactive segmentation, and grasping.

The PhD and PostDoc Positions are related to projects Squirrel (www.squirrel-project.eu<http://www.squirrel-project.eu/>) and Argonauts (www.argos-challenge.com/en/challenge<http://www.argos-challenge.com/en/challenge>).

We are looking for skilled researchers working towards high-class publications and achieving a PhD is encouraged and supported. All positions are full time at attractive conditions (starting 36.9k€ depending on qualification).

The Vision for Robotics Group (http://v4r.acin.tuwien.ac.at/) is part of the Technische Universität Wien and located in the centre of Vienna. V4R is a leading center of robot vision for service robotics and industrial robot automation. We make robots see and understand the world around them. Team spirit, fun, and the strive for novel solutions drive us forward and within the university we are one of the best performing teams.

We expect background and documented experience in

-         3D vision, machine learning, computer vision, and/or similar image processing

-         Very good oral and written English

-         Excellent computing skills

-         Experience with ROS, C++, Linux

Please apply with CV, selected best papers or Master thesis, to Vincze at acin.tuwien.ac.at<mailto:Vincze at acin.tuwien.ac.at>

Regarding details of the projects and job opening, please feel free to contact me.

Looking forward to hearing from you and best regards

Markus Vincze

Technische Universität Wien

Automatisierungs- und Regelungstechnik Institut

Vision for Robotics Laboratory

Ao.Prof. Dr.techn. Markus Vincze

Gusshausstr. 27/376

1040 Wien, Austria, Europe