[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty Positions - WPI Robotics Engineering

Gennert, Michael A. michaelg at WPI.EDU
Tue Nov 24 13:02:53 PST 2015

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Robotics Engineering Program
Multiple Tenure Track Faculty Positions ― August 2016

The WPI Robotics Engineering Program invites applications for multiple tenure-track faculty positions at all levels for fall 2016.  You should hold a Ph.D. in any relevant engineering or closely related field, possess the desire to actively engage in teaching robotics at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, and have a clear plan to establish a vibrant, externally funded research program.

Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to: Fundamentals (e.g. Controls, Learning, Perception), Capabilities (e.g. Human-Robot Interaction, Manipulation, Mobility), and Applications (e.g. Environment, Health, Manufacturing).

Established in 2007, the Robotics Engineering program is a collaboration by the Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering Departments.  We offer the Nation's first undergraduate degree in Robotics, as well as the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, with over 120 graduate students enrolled.  The 10 core and 20 affiliated robotics faculty members have research support from NSF, NIH, AFRL, ONR, NASA, DARPA, and industry funding. Our 10 existing robotics laboratories include numerous robotic platforms, including Atlas, Baxter, da Vinci, Motoman, NAOs, PR2, Segway, CLearPaths, and TurtleBots, as well as many custom-built robots. We expect you to contribute to the exceptionally close-knit, collaborative, and collegial atmosphere we currently enjoy.

Please refer to our web site at http://robotics.wpi.edu/ for more information.

Founded in 1865, WPI is one of the nation's oldest technological universities.  Today, WPI is a highly selective private university with an undergraduate student body of over 4,000 and 1,900 full- and part-time graduate students enrolled in more than 50 Bachelor's, Master's and Ph.D. programs.  WPI is consistently ranked among the top national universities in U.S. News & World Report.  Our innovative project-enriched curriculum engages students and faculty in real-world problem solving, often at one of WPI's project centers.  The university is located in the heart of Massachusetts an hour away from Boston and Providence.

Questions about the hiring process should be sent to robotics-recruit at wpi.edu<mailto:robotics-recruit at wpi.edu>.  Applications should be submitted per instructions at http://robotics.wpi.edu/facultyhire.html. Please include detailed research and teaching statements, vitae, and contact information for at least three references.  Applications should be received by December 15, 2015.  Applications will be reviewed as they are received; therefore, applicants are encouraged to apply early.

To enrich education through diversity, WPI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.