[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Work Position in Singapore A*STAR on Driverless Car

Song Zhiwei (I2R) songzw at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Wed Nov 25 00:14:13 PST 2015

The Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R) (http://www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/) is a member of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) family. I2R's vision is to power a vibrant and strong infocomm ecosystem in Singapore. The Autonomous Vehicle Department of I2R has developed a fully autonomous vehicle with advanced capabilities in terms of Perception/Localization/Navigation/Middleware/Drive-by-wire technologies. With a larger vision, I2R is now recruiting talents in the area of Robotic Perception worldwide.

Position: Research Scientists or Research Engineers or PhD Visiting Student on Robotic Perception for Autonomous Vehicle

Job Description: You will be part of a team developing intelligent and robust perception software for autonomous vehicles in outdoor urban environment. You are required to perform research, development and implementation of algorithms in one or more of the following areas :

* Object detection and tracking using Camera with deep learning.
* Object detection and tracking using Lidar.
* Object detection and tracking using Radar.
* Sensor fusion with Camera/Lidar/Radar.

Requirements:

* A PhD or Master degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related field from a world known university.
* At least 3 years’ experience in image processing or Lidar/Radar data processing or signal processing or sensor fusion.
* Strong software development skills in C/C++ in Linux environment.
* Extensive working experiences on ROS or OpenCV or other related robotic development environment.
* Able to develop and implement complex algorithms efficiently.
* Able to work independently.
* Good English spoken and written communication skills.

These job positions are full-time with competitive salaries and are adjustable based on qualification. The staff welfare includes variable performance bonus, annual leaves and staff medical insurance etc.  These positions are open immediately till filled.

To apply, please email a detailed CV (including objective, education background, courses, experiences, representative publications and skills) to: Song Zhiwei <songzw at i2r.a-star.edu.sg<mailto:songzw at i2r.a-star.edu.sg>>

Dr. SONG Zhiwei :: Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R) :: Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) ::1 Fusionopolis Way, #21-01 Connexis (South Tower), Singapore 138632 :: songzw(at)i2r.a-star.edu.sg<http://i2r.a-star.edu.sg>

Institute for Infocomm Research disclaimer:  "This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you."