[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Internship in Robotic Localization at Honda Research

YLu at hra.com YLu at hra.com
Wed Nov 25 16:14:26 PST 2015

The Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) in Mountain View, California,
has an opening for 2016 Spring internship in the area of Robotic
Localization (Job Number: P14INT-11).

Duration: 3 months
Starting date: January 2016 (flexible)

The internship will be focused on Robotic Localization using cameras and
other sensors, such as Lidars and IMUs. We are looking for experienced and
highly motivated students with good publication records and excellent
programming skills. The project requires knowledge in robotics, computer
vision, and sensor fusion. Experience in visual SLAM (simultaneous
localization and mapping) is a plus.

HRI-US internship program is designed to give students hands-on experience
in developing new research ideas. Each intern works with HRI-US
researchers and is expected to generate prototypes and scientific
publications as a result of the internship.

Located in the Bay Area, HRI-US pays interns competitive salaries and
provides for a comfortable yet competitive research environment with
regular opportunities for learning. Interns from outside of the local area
are eligible for relocation stipend. However, we do not accept any
international students except those currently studying in Canada and
Mexico (North America).

To apply for one of the positions, please send a cover letter and your CV
to interns at honda-ri.com
with the subject line clearly indicating the job number you are applying
for. Name your attachment as "FirstName.LastName.UniversityName.cv.pdf".

You can apply for other positions listed on the honda-ri.com website, but
each needs a separate application. Failure to follow these instructions
may result in a delay in the processing of your application. Please note
we receive a large number of applications and cannot communicate with
everyone. If a researcher has found a good match between the planned
research and your background, you will be contacted directly.

Regards,

Yan Lu
Honda Research Institute USA
Mountain View, CA