[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fully Funded PhD studentships in Robotics: Edinburgh Centre, for Robotics (2016 intake)

Sethu Vijayakumar sethu.vijayakumar at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 27 09:09:29 PST 2015

The Edinburgh Centre for Robotics (http://www.edinburgh-robotics.org), a
£35m joint venture between Heriot-Watt University and the University of
Edinburgh, is currently recruiting for the September 2016 intake of its
innovative four-year PhD programme.
[Recruitment flier attached for dissemination at your institutions].

Our ambitious CDT offers the following features and benefits for
successful candidates:

- Fully funded 4 year PhD programme covering UK/EU tuition fees and
maintenance at prevailing EPSRC rates.
- Access to our world-class robotics facilities, enhanced through our
£7.2m ROBOTARIUM facility.
- Students benefit from supervision by academic experts from both
institutions and graduate with a joint Ph.D. from Heriot-Watt University
and the University of Edinburgh.
- Excellent training opportunities, including masters level courses in
year one, supplemented by training in commercial awareness, social
challenges and innovation.
- Opportunity for competitive selection for funding to participate in
Cambridge IGNITE and MIT Sloan School of Management Entrepreneurship
Programmes.
- Opportunities to compete in international robot competitions (RoboCup,
NASA SRC Challenge, SAUC-E Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Challenge Europe).

Applicants should have, or expect to obtain, a first-class degree in
Engineering, Computer Science, or related subjects. If you meet this
criteria and are passionate about robotics, we would love to hear from you.

For more information about the programme and how to apply
http://www.edinburgh-robotics.org/apply

Professor Sethu Vijayakumar FRSE        Personal Chair in Robotics
Director, Edinburgh Centre for Robotics   [edinburgh-robotics.org]
Director, IPAB, School of Informatics, The University of Edinburgh

1.28 Informatics Forum, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB,  UK
SLMC Research Group URL: http://www.ipab.informatics.ed.ac.uk/slmc
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Computer Science
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA 90089-0781
Microsoft Research & Royal Academy of Engg. Senior Research Fellow