[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Join Self-driving Car startup, Auro Robotics - Embedded Systems and Controls Intern

Srinivas Reddy Aellala srinivas at aurobots.com
Sat Nov 28 01:49:43 PST 2015

Auro Robotics is a Y Combinator S15 company located in the Bay Area,CA. We
are building self-driving neighborhood electric vehicles with the larger
vision of creating a safe and efficient mode of urban transportation. Our
autonomous shuttles currently solve the local transportation needs of
campuses and private places like retirement communities, universities,
industrial sites and resorts. We are currently piloting(video here
<https://youtu.be/WnGeOqJiTEc>) in one of our customer sites, Santa Clara
University.

We are looking for roboticists specialized in embedded and control systems,
to help us build the electronics/controls included in our autonomous
shuttle. Primary tasks include developing and tuning speed and steering
control systems and integrating drive by wire systems.

Role: Robotics Intern - Embedded Systems and Controls for immediate joining

Responsibilities:

   - Build/Integrate software and embedded systems for sensor interfaces
   and drive-by-wire units.
   - Speed - throttle and brake control systems development and tuning
   - Design and monitor communication protocols and specifications from
   processors to sensors and controllers to actuators.
   - Developing safety engineering and fault tolerance into the embedded
   system architecture

Requirements:

   - BS, MS/PhD in Robotics/related field or Equivalent Practical experience
   - Experience in one of the following: serial communication
   interfaces,embedded system architecture,control
   systems,steering/brake/throttle motor controls, drivers for LIDARs, cameras
   etc.
   - C++ programming expertise
   - Passionate about working in startups

Preferred:

   - Experience in writing safety-critical code
   - Experience in ROS

Perks:

   - Will play a key role in developing and deploying self-driving cars in
   real world environments.
   - Competitive salary and benefits
   - Competitive equity
   - Will work with state of the art sensors and technology modules everyday
   - Free rides in our self driving vehicles

Location: Sunnyvale, CA

*Duration: *Flexible, Available from now

Apply: Email your resume and examples of your past experience (project
links/code/papers/video etc.) to jobs at aurobots.com

With regards,
Srinivas Reddy

Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer | Auro Robotics
(+1) 408-431-7340  |  LinkedIn <http://in.linkedin.com/in/srinireddyA>
| www.aurobots.com

TechCrunch
<http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/13/auro-robotics-yc-s15-is-building-a-driverless-shuttle-system-for-college-campuses/>