[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Computer Vision Lead at Bossa Nova Robotics

Sarjoun Skaff sarjoun at bnrobotics.com
Sat Nov 28 14:44:07 PST 2015

Bossa Nova Robotics is a Carnegie Mellon spin-off building robots that live
and work around people. We are a small company focused on solving big
problems in a fast-paced, creative environment, working on real-world
applications with immediate impact. We are looking for a seasoned computer
vision leader to build a world-class team in vision and machine learning.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities
============================
- Devise long-term development roadmap
- Recruit and build world-class computer vision team
- Lead design, development and implementation of computer vision algorithms
and systems
- Architect robot perception solutions
- Own quality assurance, verification and testing of computer vision
software
- Lead production of shippable software

Requirements
===========
- Minimum 10 years of experience in computer vision
- Leadership recognition within computer vision community
- Intimate knowledge of latest object recognition and machine learning
techniques
- Mastery of core image processing, classification, and optimization
techniques
- Knowledge of robot-centric perception, including obstacle and people
detection
- Experience with multi-modal sensing, including fusion of imaging and
depth sensing
- In-depth knowledge of C++ and/or MATLAB
- Availability for overseas travel
- Minimum Degree: MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or equivalent

Nice to Have
==========
- Knowledge of ROS
- Experience with distributed databases
- Hands-on experience GPU acceleration
- Experience with git

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs at bnrobotics.com.

See our other job openings at www.bnrobotics.com

--
sarjoun skaff, phd | founder & cto | bossa nova robotics | +1 (412) 267-7266
 | www.bnrobotics.com
*“if i were a robot, i would run”*