[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] ICCV Workshop "The Future of Real-Time SLAM": Call for live demonstrations

Andrew Davison a.davison at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 30 07:06:36 PST 2015

Call for Live Demonstrations

As part of the ICCV Workshop "The Future of Real-Time SLAM" 18th
December 2015 in Santiago, Chile (see
https://wp.doc.ic.ac.uk/thefutureofslam/), we will run a live-demo
session. We would like to invite researchers to submit an abstract
describing their real-time capable SLAM system along with a video
demonstrating its operation, in order to apply for performing a
live-demonstration in our interactive session.

Prizes from our supporters Oculus and NVidia will be awarded to the best
live demos presented.

We specifically encourage applications targeting any of the following areas.
- Novel map representations
- Dealing with dynamic scene content
- Alternative state representations (e.g. continuous-time)
- Large-scale consistent mapping
- High accuracy, robustness and motion bandwidth
- SLAM on mobile devices
- Scalability in space and time concerning memory and processing power

If this sounds interesting to you, please submit a short abstract to
Stefan Leutenengger (s.leutenegger at imperial.ac.uk) by 6th December 2015
(!!extended deadline!!). It can come simply in the form of plain e-mail
text describing your demo including required space, power, etc.

Prof. Andrew Davison
Professor of Robot Vision
Director of the Dyson Robotics Laboratory at Imperial College

Department of Computing
Imperial College London
180 Queen's Gate
SW7 2AZ, UK

Office: Room 303, William Penney Laboratory
+44-20-75948316

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ajd/
http://www.google.com/+AndrewDavison/
ajd at doc.ic.ac.uk