[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Fellow positions at Biorobotics Lab of National University of Singapore

Yu Haoyong bieyhy at nus.edu.sg
Mon Apr 4 08:38:06 PDT 2016

Multiple research fellow positions are available for our newly funded projects at the Biorobotics Lab (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bioeng.nus.edu.sg_biorob_&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=OcRmgPQxwLrpymsI_mgFBuZA9ko3-OL-KM8wVsvgvxI&s=IvLkLZzU-QBrT7ck1WgMtJyJ-dtnI79KiuAnpOgbSgw&e= ) in the department of Biomedical Engineering at the National University of Singapore.

a)     Rehabilitation Robotics

We are developing several rehabilitation robotic systems for gait training for individuals with neurological impairments, which include portable lower limb exoskeletons with cable drive and robotic walker for over-ground gait training. We are now in a stage of clinical trials.

This research aims to develop the fundamental enabling technologies for the development of the next generation wearable robotics. In particular, we will focus on the following key research areas: a) Bio-inspired compliant and force controllable actuators with variable impedance for safer human robot interaction; b) Novel mechanism design, such as cable drive mechanism to achieve lightweight wearable robotics; c) Novel sensing technologies for human motion intent detection with wearable sensors and machine learning algorithms for gait kinematics and gait phase detection; d) Novel bio-signal processing techniques for both EEG and EMG for brain machine interface and biofeedback; e) Intelligent control systems for better human robot interaction control.

We are looking for highly motivated candidates with the following relevant research background to apply: clinical study of rehabilitation robots, biomechanics of human walking, sensory-motor control, rehabilitation and assistive engineering, electromechanical dynamic systems modeling and control, robot control, human robot interaction, bio signal processing and machine learning.

b)     Vision based robot navigation and control

We are developing autonomous unmanned vehicles for inspection and objection detection in underground drains.  We are looking for highly motivated candidates with PhD in Computer Science or Computer and Electrical Engineering background with relevant robot vision and machine learning experience. The candidates will work on vision based localization, navigation and object classification and recognition.

We will provide excellent work conditions and impressive financial and physical resources. The salaries will be internationally competitive and commensurate with experience, and health insurance coverage as well as travel to international conferences will be included. Interested researchers and fellows should send the application package including a CV with two external references and a letter of accomplishments, motivation and career goals to:

Haoyong YU, PhD (bieyhy at nus.edu.sg<mailto:bieyhy at nus.edu.sg>)

Assistant Professor

Department of Biomedical Engineering

9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117575

Office: Block EA-02-02

Tel: +(65) 6601-1590
Fax: +(65) 6872-3069
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bioeng.nus.edu.sg_biorob_&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=OcRmgPQxwLrpymsI_mgFBuZA9ko3-OL-KM8wVsvgvxI&s=IvLkLZzU-QBrT7ck1WgMtJyJ-dtnI79KiuAnpOgbSgw&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bioeng.nus.edu.sg_biorob_&d=CwMFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=sq198YLlU5dbQTrSFbNbGlUdG0Ccnyb12-jS0Ub2ETw&s=8-1if6_yOCMnJ0ZV9IOOO1_2a4q7AEx5o3GsT2N8fmI&e=>

Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.