[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Mechatronics Engineer position at Soft Robotics Inc.
Sarv Parteek Singh
ssingh at softroboticsinc.com
Mon Apr 4 14:43:25 PDT 2016
Soft Robotics Inc. (www.softroboticsinc.com
is an early-stage, venture-backed startup enabling new markets in
automation through its proprietary technology. Soft Robotics’ technology
brings a new level of adaptability and agility to traditional industrial
and emerging collaborative robotic systems, opening up new applications in
manufacturing and food handling. We are looking for talented engineers who
are excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment to help develop and
commercialize this fundamentally new technology.
We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineer to start working full-time
immediately at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The role will focus on
the testing and evaluation of soft robotic actuators and systems. Testing
the reliability and theory of operation of soft robots is an emerging field
and demands a creative and analytical mind. Testing will include the full
portfolio of soft robotics actuators and End-of-Arm Tools. This position
will be responsible for designing and conducting experiments as well as
providing design inputs into future development efforts. This person will
also be responsible for the design and development of sophisticated
electromechanical testing fixtures that will identify failure modes in a
diverse array of extreme environmental conditions.
- Conducting functionality and validation tests on prototype actuators
and end-of-arm tool designs
- Design and development of electromechanical testing fixtures
- Aid in the design of next-generation soft robotic devices based on
- Analysis of field use and in-house testing data
- Travel to customer sites up to 15% of the time
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering with a
strong background in mechatronics.
- 3 years’ relevant industry experience with BS, or 1 year experience
- Extensive experience with digital signal processing and embedded
- Experience designing electromechanical systems
- Experience with Solidworks, Matlab, and National Instruments devices.
- Experience with rapid prototyping systems (e.g. 3D printing, laser
cutting, and machining)
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
*How to apply*
Please email your resume and portfolio with relevant work samples to
*Jobs at softroboticsinc.com
<Jobs at softroboticsinc.com>* and include in the subject “*[Ref:1007]*”.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States.
Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
against age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
More information about the robotics-worldwide