[robotics-worldwide] FW: [jobs] Postdoc and research positions in Singapore
thalmann at miralab.ch
Wed Apr 6 23:08:23 PDT 2016
Research Fellow/Research Associate in Social Robotics positions in NTU, Singapore
The Institute for Media Innovation (IMI https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__imi.ntu.edu.sg_&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=qrxsPe8Ill6dCOzUdB5Q5Ut6dHQFHwPrnGpR-EyZtg8&s=-br28b87DP33zl8mERU0aulZA9jgx5z3hEzdfEVhR9s&e= ) at Nanyang Technological University immediately invites applications for post-doc research fellow and research associate positions to work in our leading research new media Institute (IMI) in Singapore, in the area of interactive virtual characters and social robots. Researchers will have an opportunity to work in a cutting-edge interactive environment with top equipment including a very realistic human-like robot, several other small size robots and an immersive room populated with virtual characters. Our work has been published in top journals and conferences, and reported by press including BBC and Reuters.
The successful candidates will conduct research at the intersection point of several technologies and topics such as 3D character animation, motion control for human-like robots, tracking of human gestures and facial expressions, decision making and dialogue systems. He/she will participate actively in the exploration, design and development of novel methods for real-time, human-robot and human-virtual human social interactions targeting real-world use cases.
The position requires a PhD degree for the position of research fellow or a Master degree for the position of research associate in the area of interactive virtual characters and social robots. The applicant must have experiences in the above mentioned area as evidenced by publications in high level international journals and conferences. He/she should have expertise in one or more of the following topics and fundamental knowledge in computer graphics and animation, social robots, machine learning, computer vision and artificial intelligence:
- Expressive face and body animation for interactive virtual characters and robots
- Architectures for fusing multi-modal data from vision/ sound channels and synchronizing multi-modal behaviour for real-time interaction
- Mixed-initiative, multi-modal, multi-party social interaction models inspired by social sciences and analysis of real interactions
- Cognitive models for long-term dialogue-based interaction (e.g. self-awareness, memory, adaptation, affective interaction)
- High expertise in C++ is required, as well as proficiency in Python or other scripting language.
- Strong capacity, commitment to research and good communication skills are expected.
Preferred Skills (not required but will be plus)
- Hands-on experience with robots, including robot hardware, control, localization, path learning etc
- Background in computer vision. Good familiarization with existing framework such as OpenCV and preferably demonstrated by publications or completed projects.
- Experience with 3D printing, including design, modelling, processing etc
- Experience with deep learning or other artificial intelligence. Good familiarization with existing framework such as Caffe and preferably demonstrated by publications or completed projects.
- Experience developing software in team using source code management (e.g. git)
Please submit the following to imi-recruitment at ntu.edu.sg:
1. Statement of support of application explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this post, how you meet its requirements and the experience which you have that is relevant. Please highlight particular achievements
2. Curriculum vitae with photo
3. Two names and contacts of referees
4. Salary expectation
5. Availability date
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. NTU offers a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, with both students and faculty members enjoying a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features. NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
More information about the robotics-worldwide