[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Software Engineer - Robotics - Intelligent Automation, Inc. (Rockville, MD)

Yoichiro Endo yendo at i-a-i.com
Thu Apr 14 11:23:59 PDT 2016

To apply this position, please follow this link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__home2.eease.adp.com_recruit2_-3Fid-3D19106692-26t-3D1&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pVtqYhvjbjuJVLuHpTKyB7ESIEfkZl_kYBBUFTuoXew&s=1lXAoprQxLnwGC9GVNT-hEU_l16v7mdvHIDXzbltnqA&e=
OPEN POSITION:
Software Engineer - Robotics - Rockville, MD
ABOUT IAI:
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company headquartered in Rockville, MD. We specialize in providing advanced technology solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout the United States and internationally. IAI's core R&D areas include: Air Traffic Management, Big Data and Social Media Analytics, Control and Signal Processing, Cyber Security, Education and Training Technologies, Health Technologies, Modeling and Simulation, Networks and Communications, Robotics and Sensor Systems.  The Robotics Laboratory at IAI is equipped with a suite of robots and software tools for our ongoing research efforts focused on robot teams, medical robotics, mobile robotic manipulation, and robotic inspection. Our fleet or robots consists of various types such as academic, commercial, and experimental including Baxter and iRobot Create. We have numerous sensor systems such as camera, LIDAR, radar, sonar, and GPS sensors available for experimentation. In support of our development efforts, we have a variety of COTS & proprietary robot control software such as the Distributed Control Framework (DCF) and Behavior Development Studio (BDS).  For more information on IAI, please visit www.i-a-i.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.i-2Da-2Di.com_&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pVtqYhvjbjuJVLuHpTKyB7ESIEfkZl_kYBBUFTuoXew&s=sSZjtj45GumemqXJEy3U6esWuPYoBE1jrtNK9EYC0fQ&e= >.
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is looking for a new team member who is a self-motivated Software Engineer with a passion for robotics. You will be working with the Robotics and Electromechanical Systems Group to develop custom solutions in the fields of Robotics, Autonomy, Human-Machine Interface, Machine Vision, and Electromechanical System Design. We have numerous active research and development projects where we design, integrate, test, and deploy systems for a range of applications, including aircraft inspection, ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance), utility construction, medical training, IED/EOD operations, and simulation. We are looking to add expertise and talent to our multi-disciplinary team to continue to achieve success in all of these areas.
 JOB DUTIES:

*               Develop software algorithms, control systems, hardware interfaces for robotics applications.

*               Work with project managers and a team of engineers.

*               Utilize and/or modify existing code bases and libraries; create and shape new functionality.

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:

*         Minimum 3 years of experience of software engineering

*         Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field.

REQUIRED SKILLS:

*         Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming

*         Write clean, efficient, well-documented code

*         Strong written and communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS:
*         Experience with integrating, testing and deploying prototype robotic systems
*         Programming Languages: C++, Java
*         Programming Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Boost, OpenCV, Qt, Subversion, Git,
*         Familiarity with robotics-related algorithms such as:
o    Sensor fusion
o    Feedback control
o    Path-planning and navigation
o    Computer vision
*         Experience developing with robotic architectures such as ROS, LCM, IPC, or others
*         Experience with embedded microcontrollers such as MSP430, PIC, Arduino, or others
*         Experience with hardware device interfacing
*         Experience with Serial, Ethernet, or networking and communication protocols
*         Knowledge of memory management and multi-threaded applications
*         Great debugging skills
*         Strong background in math and physics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.

To apply this position, please follow this link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__home2.eease.adp.com_recruit2_-3Fid-3D19106692-26t-3D1&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pVtqYhvjbjuJVLuHpTKyB7ESIEfkZl_kYBBUFTuoXew&s=1lXAoprQxLnwGC9GVNT-hEU_l16v7mdvHIDXzbltnqA&e=

To see other openings at IAI, please visit our website:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.i-2Da-2Di.com_-3Fcareers&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pVtqYhvjbjuJVLuHpTKyB7ESIEfkZl_kYBBUFTuoXew&s=RLmKPCm7L9ngz8vhGoc6LkjOnM_LHCaPj-4Nlj1wX8A&e=

==============================
Yoichiro Endo, Ph.D.
Lead Scientist / Program Manager
Intelligent Automation, Inc.<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.i-2Da-2Di.com_&d=CwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pVtqYhvjbjuJVLuHpTKyB7ESIEfkZl_kYBBUFTuoXew&s=sSZjtj45GumemqXJEy3U6esWuPYoBE1jrtNK9EYC0fQ&e= >
15400 Calhoun Dr., Suite 190
Rockville, MD 20855
Email: yendo at i-a-i.com<mailto:yendo at i-a-i.com>
Phone: 301-294-4621
Fax: 301-294-5201

This message and all attachments are PRIVATE, and contain information that is PROPRIETARY to Intelligent Automation, Inc. You are not authorized to transmit or otherwise disclose this message or any attachments to any third party whatsoever without the express written consent of Intelligent Automation, Inc. If you received this message in error or you are not willing to view this message or any attachments on a confidential basis, please immediately delete this email and any attachments and notify Intelligent Automation, Inc.