[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Software Engineering Jobs at Robotic Research, LLC
schneider at roboticresearch.com
Sun Apr 17 12:24:37 PDT 2016
Robotic Research, a small engineering firm located in Gaithersburg, MD
specializing in robotics, intelligent control, sensor processing, and
computer programming; including design, development, and testing of
state-of-the-art autonomous mobility software on various platforms, is
looking for software engineers with a robotics background.
Job Summary: Develop software to support unmanned systems and autonomous
vehicle technologies such as navigation, path planning, sensor
processing, perception, and intelligent control with specific focus on
the use of C/C++. Unmanned vehicles include ground, air, and sea
ranging from several pounds to 25 tons. Multiple positions available,
entry to mid-level.
Duties include: Design and implement software using primarily using
C/C++ for Linux or similar operating systems on hardware ranging from
desktop computers to embedded microcontrollers. Develop/improve
algorithms for data processing and intelligent control of robotic
vehicles and sensor systems. Document activities, work in project teams,
manage programs or tasks, prepare technical reports, present results,
and demonstrate system capabilities. Travel for field tests and project
meetings may be required. Testing in outdoor conditions may be required.
A highly qualified candidate will have the following:
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science for entry-level position.
- Mid-level requires at least 5 years of relevant experience; M.S.
preferred but will consider experience and partial course work
- Strong programming ability in C/C++
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with algorithm and software
development applied to robotics is strongly desired. Desired areas of
- Sensor processing (LIDAR, cameras, RADAR, inertial, etc.)
- Computer Vision
- Path planning
- Localization/navigation algorithms
- Network and communications
- User Interface Design
- 3D visualization
- Candidate should be a flexible team player with good written and oral
skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and write
proposals and reports
Other desired qualifications include:
- Project management experience
- Android development experience
- Knowledge of ROS, OpenCV, and/or PCL
- Experience with embedded systems
- CUDA/Parallel programming experience
U.S. citizenship required. Ability to pass a government security
clearance investigation and background check a must.
Robotic Research, LLC offers a flexible, relaxed environment with
extensive hands-on research, guidance from experienced robotic engineers
and exposure to cutting-edge autonomous ground robotics. Please email
resume to: jhughes at roboticresearch.com using the words "Software
Engineer" in the subject line.
More information about the robotics-worldwide