[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Deadline extension for paper submission to Special Session on Shared Control at SMC 2016

Tricia Gibo tricia.gibo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:19:48 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Note that the deadline has been extended to *May 1* for the IEEE SMC 2016
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.smc2016.org_&d=CwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=9ZLqC29RzMGDonC1rlvSmf5rSE10lRUUuOHGdc1-jU0&s=9aEB1ieZrbpH0NJAt0JUQAV7nB_crIafdCQPDLMLsT4&e= > Special Session on Shared Control. We look
forward to your submissions!

Special Session on Shared Control:

Over the past decades the principles of shared control have gained
increasing interest in the research and engineering community as a design
approach that integrates the best of two worlds: 1) the fast, reliable,
precise, and inexhaustible task execution capabilities of automation and 2)
the complementary inventive, adaptive, and interactive task execution
skills of humans. Recent research has shown that shared control can enhance
the capabilities of both human and automation in a wide variety of
applications (driving, flying, wheelchair control, tele-operation of
robots, etc.). We particularly encourage papers that focus on the design
and/or evaluation of shared control systems in topics including, but not
limited to:
- Haptics and teleoperation
- Adjustable autonomy
- Assistive technology