[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fully funded PhD position in Assistive Robotics and Machine Learning - 2016 Fall

ChungHyuk Park zulmo.pjh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:11:49 PDT 2016

The *Assistive** Robotics **and Tele-Medicine (ART-Med) Lab.* in the
Biomedical Engineering Department at the *George Washington University* has
two funded GRA openings for Fall 2016. This is a young and active
laboratory at the heart of DC, in the proximity of NSF, NIH, DARPA, NIST,
FDA, etc.

Our research themes are *assistive** robotics**, **machine learning**,
and **human-robot
interaction*, with applications in robot-assisted therapy and tele-robotic
interaction, We are seeking highly motivated and talented students to make
impact research in these active fields.

<Main Research Topics>
1.* Assistive Robotics* for children with *autism spectrum disorcer (ASD)*,
visual impairments, or rehabilitation
2. *Telepresence robotic interaction* for *medical assistance* and
*virtual/augmented
reality*, with both deep learning and model-based learning approaches.

<Qualifications>
- Good understanding and knowledge in robotics, control systems, and AI.
- Excellent programming skills (C/C++, Python, Java, C#, etc.)
- Passion for robotics and strong will to accomplish high quality research
in a lively team (We have many graduate/undergraduate lab members with
diverse backgrounds)

The general deadline is past but since our department is rather new we are
still accepting applications. Please let me know as soon as you apply.

General guideline of admissions to Ph.D. program can be found in
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.seas.gwu.edu_apply-2Dadmissions-28admissions-29&d=CwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_F_v2X23CMV40kj0lZfnOIh6kB1KKCY3PzJZsEAF9gY&s=yXBg9_2A3fcFyhqU0rOgtIE1Ges81XnXarivPgkWOEU&e=
and https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gwu.edu_biomedical-2Dengineering&d=CwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_F_v2X23CMV40kj0lZfnOIh6kB1KKCY3PzJZsEAF9gY&s=TuRyG-wIbB3rOBIRF1UMrkL6kXzNV0zEjx6LDgBY1hg&e=  (dept. specific
requirements).
Applicants should hold a M.S. degree in biomedical engineering, electrical
and computer engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or a
closely related field to robotics and bioengineering.

To apply, please contact Dr. Chung Hyuk Park (chpark at gwu.edu) with a
detailed CV, copies of transcripts, TOEFL/GRE scores, and your statement
of research into a SINGLE PDF file.

Best regards,
Chung Hyuk Park

Chung Hyuk Park
Assistant Professor
Biomedical Engineering Department (BME)
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
George Washington University
800 22nd st. NW  SEH Bldg. Suite 6655
Phone: 202-994-5147;   E-mail: chpark at gwu.edu
Homepage: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.chunghyukpark.com_&d=CwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_F_v2X23CMV40kj0lZfnOIh6kB1KKCY3PzJZsEAF9gY&s=8Gf1tSZNA3SFMyMJDigMsEPqqM6RnN8hw9TkTuLrV30&e=