[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] On Behalf of Fei-Fei Li: Postdoctoral scholar(s) for AI (robotics, computer vision and machine learning) and Healthcare
anca at berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 30 08:24:26 PDT 2016
Fei-Fei asked me to pass this along.
One of the most exciting, yet unexplored applications of artificial
intelligence is in healthcare. At Stanford, a newly established
collaboration between the School of Medicine and the Computer Science
department focuses on developing cutting edge computer vision and machine
learning technologies to solve some of healthcare’s most urgent and
critical problems. PAC, Stanford's Partnership for AI-assisted Care, is
co-directed by Prof. Arnold Milstein, a nationally recognized scholar and
leader in healthcare innovation, also director of the Clinical Excellence
Research Center at Stanford, and by Prof. Fei-Fei Li, a
globally-distinguished researcher in computer vision and machine learning,
also director of the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab. For more
information, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__vision.stanford.edu_pac_&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Wdw6xLseKeC89EPE084mlN-Dyq03D3-pNpP2S5_83uo&s=7iL9umJQQ1J4rX1sq8fOHzymot67cacgeWlt4t2BVRM&e= . PAC is now
seeking 1-2 postdoctoral scholars to work with us to develop advanced
computer vision algorithms in real-world healthcare settings.
- The postdoc(s) will work primarily with Dr. Fei-Fei Li and Dr. Arnold
Milstein, focusing on the engineering and algorithm aspects of diverse
clinical and healthcare applications.
- The postdoc’s primary group will be at the Vision Lab in the Computer
Science Dept, lead by Dr. Fei-FeiLi.
- The postdoc is expected to publish at top computer vision and machine
learning conferences (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, etc.) as well as medical journals
in collaboration with PAC-affiliated healthcare researchers
- The postdoc is expected to act as a leader in the project(s) s/he is
involved in, working with multiple collaborators ranging from CS graduate
and undergraduate students and clinicians in and outside of Stanford.
- We have ample funding for an extended postdoc.
- Starting in summer 2016, the earlier the better.
An ideal candidate should have strong background in a /**subset*/* of the
- Ph.D. degree in one or some of combination of the following: robotics
(mostly drones), computer vision, speech recognition, machine learning, and
- A publication track record in top technical conferences.
- Passion for making impactful changes in the interdisciplinary field of AI
- Excellent software engineering skills, especially fluent with modern deep
- Good experiences with sensors like kinect cameras, thermal cameras, etc.
- Good experiences with speech recognition software, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- No clinical training is required. But some behavioral or medical or
social sciences background, or interests is a plus.
- Long term goal of becoming a faculty or research scientist.
- Passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives.
If interested, please send an academic CV and 3 reference letters to both
Dr. Fei-Fei Li(feifeili at cs.stanford.edu) and Dr. Arnold Milstein (
amilstein at stanford.edu).
Fei-Fei Li, Ph.D.
(publishing under L. Fei-Fei)
Director, Stanford AI Lab
Computer Science Dept
Address: 353 Serra Mall,
Gates Building 2A-246,
Stanford, CA 94305
More information about the robotics-worldwide