[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Workshops/Tutorials @ICRA2017 in Singapore
lorenzo.masia at ntu.edu.sg
Sun Aug 14 23:36:02 PDT 2016
We invite proposals for half-day or full-day workshops and tutorials. These
workshops and tutorials will be held on the days before and after the main
conference: Monday, May 29, 2017 and Friday, June 2, 2017. They will take
place at the main conference venue, the Marina Bay Sand Convention Centre,
Singapore. The primary criteria for selection are anticipated level of
interest, potential impact, and presenters' technical qualifications.
Workshops promote informal discussion of an active research area. Tutorials
involve formal presentation of the principles (e.g., tools and methodology,
theoretical approach) behind an established research area. We particularly
welcome creative new formats for both workshops and tutorials that increase
the number of participants, encourage participants to stay for the full
duration of the event, enhance discussion among participants, increase the
level of interaction between established experts and early-career
researchers, and make useful connections to fields outside of robotics.
• July 15, 2016 : Submission open for workshop and tutorials
• September 15, 2016 : Deadline for workshop and tutorial proposals
• November 15, 2016: Notification of acceptance for workshops and tutorials
• February 20, 2017: Submission of any requested final materials, including
the URL of the event's website containing an updated title, abstract, and
• May 29, 2017 and June 2, 2017: Workshops and Tutorials held at ICRA 2017
All deadlines are 23:59 US Pacific Time.
A proposal must be a pdf file submitted via PaperPlaza. Proposals must
follow this template. In summary, the proposal must have these elements
(described in more detail in the template):
1. Type and duration (Specify workshop or tutorial, half-day or full-day)
5. Abstract (1500 character maximum)
6. Content, including list of speakers (500 word maximum)
7. Plan to solicit participation (500 word maximum)
8. Plan to encourage interaction among participants (500 word maximum)
9. Equipment. Anything needed other than a projector and screen.
10. Support of an IEEE RAS Technical Committee. Indicate if the event is in
conjunction with a RAS TC.
Upon selection of their proposal, organizers will also be required to
prepare a workshop or tutorial description (one page) in due time for the
ICRA 2017 handout. We look forward to hosting your workshops and tutorials
at ICRA 2017.
Support and Information
• PaperPlaza submission page
• Download the ICRA 2017 Call for Workshop/Tutorial Proposals
Workshops and Tutorials Chairs
Lorenzo Masia (Nanyang Tech Univ) (lorenzo.masia at ntu.edu.sg)
Mengchu Zhou (New Jersey Inst of Tech) (zhou at njit.edu)
Masafumi Okada (Tokyo Inst of Tech) (okada at mep.titech.ac.j)
Luigi Villani (Univ of Naples Federico II) (luigi.villani at unina.it)
Denny Oetomo (Univ of Melbourne) (doetomo at unimelb.edu.au )
Lorenzo MASIA, Ph.D. | Assistant Professor |
Robotics Research Center
Division of Mechatronics and Design
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
N3.2-02-46, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Tel: (65) 6790-6239 GMT+8h | Email: lorenzo.masia at ntu.edu.sg
View this message in context: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_robotics-2Dworldwide-2Dmeetings-2DCall-2Dfor-2DWorkshops-2DTutorials-2DICRA2017-2Din-2DSingapore-2Dtp5714422.html&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=QH5xAlQ7n_OuD6Cpqw9HbbeoKHuOuhof-M8bzrKYPRE&s=T25yn3E-cp2FVjE22cbmNePCM9m-bDVx5Ok14Q9uyXY&e=
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide