[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Algorithm Developer position at MathWorks
remo.pillat at mathworks.com
Mon Aug 15 07:20:18 PDT 2016
A permanent position for a robotics software developer is available at
MathWorks. Please see the job summary below.
Robotics Algorithm Developer position at The MathWorks Inc. (USA)
You will develop new technologies to enable MATLAB and Simulink to work with
mobile robotics and autonomous vehicle platforms. In particular, you will
develop algorithms for path planning, motion control, obstacle avoidance,
localization, and SLAM. You will test these algorithms on simulated and
physical robots. In addition, you will work closely with the team to
identify trends in robotics technology in order to develop leading-edge
- Develop MATLAB and Simulink libraries for robotics algorithms related to
path planning, motion control, localization, mapping, and SLAM
- Test algorithms with simulated and physical mobile robots
- Investigate and incorporate third-party robotics libraries and tools
- Participate in all stages of design, implementation, testing, and product
- Keep up to date on the fast moving robotics technology landscape.
- Demonstrate product capabilities to academic and commercial customers and
incorporate their feedback
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a
master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD
degree) is required.
- Experience with Robotics Programming
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and Robotics System Toolbox
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to path planning, obstacle
avoidance, localization, mapping, and SLAM
- Experience with physical mobile robotics platforms such as Clearpath Husky
- Experience with object-oriented design and programming in C++
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System), Gazebo, and V-Rep
- Familiarity with physical modeling tools and SimMechanics
- Experience with industrial robot arms or humanoid robots
- Experience with integrating external libraries into MATLAB
If you are interested in the above position, please apply online using the
The MathWorks Inc.
View this message in context: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_jobs-2DRobotics-2DAlgorithm-2DDeveloper-2Dposition-2Dat-2DMathWorks-2Dtp5714426.html&d=DQICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=gxtaPc8AJYoewxKY7gbeoDqK7-zinbzOI3ClTRoDrbE&s=4cmYMN4C7mhlUen6V29l4XrxcwmdnCAQu4PalpyO8T8&e=
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide