[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Software Engineer - Embedded - Intelligent Automation, Inc. (Rockville, MD)

Yoichiro Endo yendo at i-a-i.com
Sun Aug 14 10:23:13 PDT 2016

JOB DESCRIPTION
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is looking for a new team member who is
a self-motivated Software Engineer with a passion for electro-mechanical
systems. You will be working with the Robotics and Electromechanical
Systems Group to develop custom solutions in the fields of Robotics,
Autonomy, Human-Machine Interface, Machine Vision, and Electromechanical
System Design. We have numerous active research and development projects
where we design, integrate, test, and deploy systems for a range of
applications, including aircraft inspection, ISR (intelligence,
surveillance, and reconnaissance), utility construction, medical training,
IED/EOD operations, and simulation. We are looking to add expertise and
talent to our multi-disciplinary team to continue to achieve success in all
of these areas.

OPEN POSITION:
Senior Software Engineer - Embedded - Rockville, MD

CITIZENSHIP:
Because we are working on ITAR projects, we can currently accept either a
US citizen or a US permanent resident only.

JOB DUTIES:
 * Work closely with algorithm developers, and/or lead algorithmic
development, to port from MATLAB and C++ to embedded platforms.
 * Work closely with and/or lead FPGA engineers developing
architecture/protocol to exchange control/data between ARM and FPGA using
shared registers/memory, DMA/VDMA
 * Utilize and/or modify existing code bases and libraries; create and
shape new functionality.

REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
 * Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.

 REQUIRED SKILLS:
 * Knowledge and hands-on experience of Linux system software development
with build configuration and customization.
 * Installing and configuring embedded Linux, i.e. Yocto, Arch, Petalinux
 * Developing Linux boot loader, BSP and flash tools (Linux Yocto Project).
 * Developing Linux based systems including kernel drivers in an embedded
multi-core environment.
 * Multi process/thread programming using techniques like Boost, C++11, and
ASIO event driven when relevant.
 * Toolchain & Compiler/Cross-Compiler Technologies for
ARM/X86/X86_64/BareMetal
 * Inter-System communication over TCP/UDP, Serial Interface
 * Integration with common interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART
 * Write clean, efficient, well-documented code
 * Strong written and communication skills

 DESIRED SKILLS:
 * Proficient optimizing ARM software using NEON
 * Experience with integrating, testing and deploying electromechanical
systems
 * Familiarity with the Xilinx/Petalinux SDK
 * Developing software under low-power operation requirements using
different processors.
 * Profile/Optimize software to select/meet target platform
 * Strong background in math and physics
 * Familiar with common signal processing and/or image processing algorithms
 * Experience prototyping software based on conference/journal publications
 * Experience with common IDEs such as Qt, Visual Studio, Eclipse
 * Proficient with SCM tools such as SVN, GIT, and Mercurial

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.

To apply this position, please follow this link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__home2.eease.adp.com_recruit2_-3Fid-3D19106772-26t-3D1&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8L_CoQWQS2LCMuO7Otglm42mzl4EObjYrZ7vhaYyzX8&s=gTg3EKk1kwhMsMnpZm8TWy7pauDbvLgGPjuFPlneIQE&e=

To see other openings at IAI, please visit our website:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.i-2Da-2Di.com_-3Fcareers&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8L_CoQWQS2LCMuO7Otglm42mzl4EObjYrZ7vhaYyzX8&s=4qAusXbEdSB9QNuIapFPV9C9uJCM2abpQhSppsWCA34&e=

ABOUT IAI:
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company
headquartered in Rockville, MD, conducts state of the art research and
product development in the areas of Robotics, Signal Processing and
Control, Sensor Technology, Distributed Intelligent Systems and other areas
(visit www.i-a-i.com). We specialize in providing advanced technology
solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout
the United States and internationally. IAI's core R&D areas include: Air
Traffic Management, Big Data and Social Media Analytics, Control and Signal
Processing, Cyber Security, Education and Training Technologies, Health
Technologies, Modeling and Simulation, Networks and Communications,
Robotics and Sensor Systems. For more information on IAI, please visit
www.i-a-i.com.

Yoichiro Endo, Ph.D.
Lead Scientist / Program Manager
Intelligent Automation, Inc.