[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Engineer/Scientist - Computer Vision, Robotics - Intelligent Automation, Inc. (Rockville, MD)
yendo at i-a-i.com
Sun Aug 14 10:23:04 PDT 2016
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is looking for an outstanding researcher
with a Masters or Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science and a background in computer vision, robotics, or machine learning.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of vision and robotics
scientists and participate in rewarding research to develop algorithms for
image and video analysis and to design solutions for vision applications.
Related projects at IAI include object detection and tracking, multi-sensor
fusion, robotic vision (navigation and manipulation), machine vision
inspection, semantic video annotation and querying.
The desired candidate has a strong publication record in computer vision
particularly in the areas of object detection and tracking, machine
learning, and robotic vision. A solid background in programming is
important. The desired candidate has strong communication, presentation,
and writing skills as well as experience working in a multi-disciplinary
Research Engineer/Scientist - Computer Vision, Robotics
US citizenship is required
* Conduct research and development in the area of computer vision and
* Design, implement, and integrate computer vision algorithms and
* Interact with and support multiple research teams with computer vision
and image processing expertise.
* Support program management and business development efforts by writing
reports/papers, contributing to proposals, presenting to customers, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* Masters or Doctorate Degree in EE, CS, Robotics or related area
* Minimum 4 years of experience of software engineering
* Proficient in C++, MATLAB, and Object-Oriented programming
* Solid understanding of computer vision, object tracking and data
* Some experience in robotic vision, real-time image processing, and
* Strong written and communication skills
* Write clean, efficient, well-documented code
* Experience with integrating, testing and deploying prototype systems
* Programming Tools: Visual Studio, OpenCV, Boost, Qt, Subversion, Git,
* Experience with hardware device interfacing
* Experience with Serial, Ethernet, or other networking and communication
* Knowledge of memory management and multi-threaded applications
* Great debugging skills
* Strong background in math and physics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. IAI is an EEO/AA employer.
To apply this position, please follow this link:
To see other openings at IAI, please visit our website:
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) is a technology innovation company
headquartered in Rockville, MD, conducts state of the art research and
product development in the areas of Robotics, Signal Processing and
Control, Sensor Technology, Distributed Intelligent Systems and other areas
(visit www.i-a-i.com). We specialize in providing advanced technology
solutions and R&D services to federal agencies, and corporations throughout
the United States and internationally. IAI's core R&D areas include: Air
Traffic Management, Big Data and Social Media Analytics, Control and Signal
Processing, Cyber Security, Education and Training Technologies, Health
Technologies, Modeling and Simulation, Networks and Communications,
Robotics and Sensor Systems. For more information on IAI, please visit
Yoichiro Endo, Ph.D.
Lead Scientist / Program Manager
Intelligent Automation, Inc.
15400 Calhoun Dr., Suite 190
Rockville, MD 20855
Email: yendo at i-a-i.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide