[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] IEEE CASE Workshop on the ARIAC Competition

Schlenoff, Craig I. (Fed) craig.schlenoff at nist.gov
Tue Aug 16 07:08:44 PDT 2016

Call for Participation

======================================
IEEE CASE Workshop and Webinar: Agile Robotics for Industrial Automation Competition (ARIAC)
Sunday, August 21, 2016, Fort Worth, Texas
Held in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE)

======================================
We invite you to attend the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), where we will have the official Agile Robotics for Industrial Automation Competition (ARIAC) kickoff and workshop/webinar on Sunday, August 21st. All of the information about the competition will be presented there. Co-sponsors Dassault Systems, Siemens, and ABB are just a few of the featured speakers. There will be academic and government speakers as well. After the speakers in the morning, the second part of the day will have tutorials and training to give you the best jump start on learning the software and tools necessary for the competition.

A core focus on the ARIAC simulation-based competition is to test the agility of industrial robot systems, with the goal of enabling industrial shop floors robots to be more productive, more autonomous, and to require less time from shop floor workers. The competition is designed to promote robot agility by utilizing the latest advances in artificial intelligence and robot planning.

Can't attend the workshop?  Don't worry. We will be holding a live webinar for those that want to view it remotely. To access the webinar, please join our email list by clicking on the link below.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotagility.wixsite.com_competition_e-2Dmail-2Dlist&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mWk54hhq86yjpscyKUDU7M5Vwg_YFP6a2bCosD531Pk&s=i_qMNULqpJrbCItur7W_k6P5FGawsnEW5n-ygY9y3_g&e=

Information about the ARIAC Competition can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotagility.wixsite.com_competition&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mWk54hhq86yjpscyKUDU7M5Vwg_YFP6a2bCosD531Pk&s=hxxNRZqCc_AmACjUinZgaF-Kp2rgbMP7cpSE_jV3Mlg&e=

Get a sneak peek of the simulation environment in our New Kickoff video at  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www2.nist.gov_video_ariac-2Dpromo-2Dvideo&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mWk54hhq86yjpscyKUDU7M5Vwg_YFP6a2bCosD531Pk&s=riq_F8kNVUSF20ZHzY-jy0FU43Czs7gG3WVDCVQObsQ&e=

Information about the IEEE CASE Workshop can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__case2016.org_workshops-2Dand-2Dtutorials_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mWk54hhq86yjpscyKUDU7M5Vwg_YFP6a2bCosD531Pk&s=V9VudUt_wPa0tXF0gD5pXi6QqRhb5IxzeQtz9qZPzWo&e=

-        - -
Craig Schlenoff, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Cognition and Collaboration Group
Acting Group Leader, Sensing and Perception Systems Group
Associate Program Manager, Robotic Systems for Smart Manufacturing Program
Project Leader, Agility Performance for Robotic Systems Project
Chair, IEEE Ontologies for Robotics and Automation Standard Working Group
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
P: 301-975-3456
E: craig.schlenoff at nist.gov<mailto:craig.schlenoff at nist.gov>