[robotics-worldwide] [meetings]: Call for Participation: IEEE CASE 2016 Workshop -- Uncertainty Quantification: Methods and Application to Dynamical Systems

Javad Sovizi javadsov at buffalo.edu
Tue Aug 16 23:08:12 PDT 2016

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

IEEE CASE 2016 Full-day Workshop:

Uncertainty Quantification: Methods and Application to Dynamical Systems

Date:                       Sunday, August 21, 2016

Place:                      The Worthington Renaissance Hotel, Fort Worth,
Texas

Time:                       9:00AM - 5:00PM

Website:                  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uncertaintyquantification.website_&d=DQIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=I3xp256AKJUYoBoL-WJsMuFQLdw8tBI0Zzd-NZTBoVY&s=iJ8jgoeN4vAR0L3UKs7UmF2f7sKBk8Z_1QdkUNVDK_g&e=

Workshop Organizers:

          Javad Sovizi, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas MD
Anderson Cancer Center

                        Suren Kumar, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of
Michigan-Ann Arbor

                        Nagavenkat Adurthi, Research Scientist, Rithmio
Company, Chicago, IL

                        Reza Madankan, Research Data Scientist, Monsanto
Agrochemical Company, St. Louis, MO

          Venkat Krovi, Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
University at Buffalo

We are excited to announce our first workshop on the topic of uncertainty
quantification and its application to dynamical systems, medical robotic
systems and healthcare problems, to be held at the 2016 IEEE Conference on
Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Fort Worth, TX. This is the
first of a series of workshops that we are planning to organize to bring
together engineers and researchers active in the field of UQ in order to
provide opportunities for sharing research findings in this area. We
believe that automation in future generation of the complex systems such as
surgical robotic and medical systems requires a closer look at the
state-of-the-art methods for uncertainty characterization. With such
events, we are hoping to provide venues in which discussions can be made on
how rigorous UQ techniques can be translated into the practical
applications and benefit near-future generation of the automated systems.

The topics to be covered in this workshop can be categorized as follows:

1) Surrogate models and approximation techniques for UQ in complex
dynamical systems

2) Kinematic uncertainty in both macro and micro scale manipulations

Confirmed Speakers:

Aditya Das, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX

Nagavenkat Adurthi, Rithmio Company, Chicago, IL

                             Reza Madankan,, Monsanto Agrochemical Company,
St. Louis, MO

                             Javad Sovizi, University of Texas MD Anderson
Cancer Center

                             Suren Kumar, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

Further details can be found in: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uncertaintyquantification.website_&d=DQIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=I3xp256AKJUYoBoL-WJsMuFQLdw8tBI0Zzd-NZTBoVY&s=iJ8jgoeN4vAR0L3UKs7UmF2f7sKBk8Z_1QdkUNVDK_g&e=

We look forward to seeing you in Fort Worth this August.

Javad Sovizi, on behalf of workshop organizers.