[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post Doc position (Biomedical Robotics/Modeling) at the Italian Institute of Technology

Edoardo Sinibaldi Edoardo.Sinibaldi at iit.it
Wed Aug 17 00:19:26 PDT 2016

Post Doc position in Biomedical Robotics and Modeling for Biomedical Applications
at the Center for Micro-BioRobotics (CMBR) of the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Italy

Deadline for applications: September 30th, 2016

Description
The major objective of this research area is to develop novel robotics solutions for biomedical applications. At the component level, we aim at investigating novel tools (e.g. flexible and controllable tools) featuring enhanced operation through tissue and anatomical cavities. To this purpose, we strongly adopt model-based design. At the system level, we aim at developing robotic platforms improving current medical approaches. At both levels, we also pursue the synergy between robot-assisted therapy and nanotechnology-related solutions.
These research activities are performed in a fully equipped lab including a robotic manipulator (Kuka LWR IV+), haptic interfaces (Sigma7, Phantoms), optical and electromagnetic trackers (Polaris Spectra, Aurora), an ultrasound system (Philips iU22) as well as complementary h/w and s/w tools (for scientific computing, solid modeling and multi-physics simulations). Based on targeted applications, research activities can leverage the excellent CMBR facilities, as well as collaborations.
Requirements
We are looking for a scientist with the following competences/skills:

*      Sound background and working experience in mechatronics/robotics;

*      Proficiency in computer-aided design, enabling device prototyping/fabrication;

*      Strong competencies in programming (C/C++, ROS), in particular in the control of robotic manipulators/devices;

*      Competencies in numerical modeling (MATLAB, commercial packages) of rigid and deformable systems;

*      Basic knowledge of materials and fabrication processes functional to design/prototyping.
All the above competences/skills are highly desirable but not all are strictly mandatory. Strong organizational skills, creativity, motivation and communication skills (oral and written) are highly required.
The prospective candidate has a Ph.D. in Mechatronics, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, Robotics or related fields.

Info and application
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.iit.it_careers_openings_opening_70-2Dpost-2Ddoc-2Din-2Dbiomedical-2Drobotics-2Dand-2Dmodeling-2Dfor-2Dbiomedical-2Dapplications&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=1MNsuZRhGBuTFW8m55VGxuTsagGZbs-bcFv5VHJPok0&s=GF-im7CEqoyCqI2AdOtbh60qHWbO6_PuidRzmidWflQ&e=

---
Edoardo Sinibaldi, PhD - Researcher
Italian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Center for Micro-BioRobotics
Viale R. Piaggio 34, 56025, Pontedera, Italy
p: (+39) 050 883 086
f: (+39) 050 883 402
w: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.iit.it_people_edoardo-2Dsinibaldi&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=1MNsuZRhGBuTFW8m55VGxuTsagGZbs-bcFv5VHJPok0&s=xZ0d71NsLTJ2TZZWoeTw1I_HKHhzPAAORkTE_w4DVIY&e=