[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Postdoctoral position in socially assistive robotics at USC (Maja Mataric)

Maja Mataric mataric at usc.edu
Thu Aug 18 13:21:15 PDT 2016

Hi HRI folks everywhere,

I’m looking for one or more postdocs in HRI.   Here are the details:

POSITION: Postdoctoral position in socially assistive robotics

SUPERVISOR: Prof. Maja Mataric

LOCATION:
Interaction Lab, Department of Computer Science
Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California, USA

The Interaction Lab at USC is looking to recruit a (one-year or two-year) postdoctoral fellow to conduct research that contributes to one or more of our active NSF-supported research projects.   All grants focus on research in socially assistive robotics involving interactions with children.  We are looking for applicants with non-contact human-robot interaction (HRI) experience.

This position requires a PhD/doctoral degree in computer science or a closely related field, expertise in HRI algorithm development, strong programming skills, and robot system development, including experience using C++, Python, Linux, and ROS.  Additional requirements include strong written and oral English communication skills, organization and teamwork.  Given the nature of our funding, only candidates who are US citizens or permanent residents are eligible.

APPLICATION DETAILS:

This position is open immediately, and will remain open until filled.  The preferred start date is as soon as possible.  Please submit a CV, a brief statement of research interests, and a list of three references (including email addresses) to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__form.jotform.com_60726056910150&d=DQIFEA&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=c48dfqbkRSPsQzFnbP0wAuULcNnivPu753so1u5ioMo&s=hNuf0gH33QGbXLUJ3azzuZVTvzyHMMUwR4lYz0YrFQI&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__form.jotform.com_60726056910150&d=DQMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=10e_OXiZchZ_m_oNgz6RNA&m=hSr-XGV9jgZnu439oOCtv4QJKrudBnMXbNBhYLVOOcs&s=PicCTiZqKlZH3uXgFHLm2_BbQ1z0vOv2Iz7xcSiig38&e=>

Maja Mataric
Chaired Professor of Computer Science, Neuroscience and Pediatrics