[robotics-worldwide] [meetings]: Final Call for Participation: IEEE CASE 2016 Workshop -- Uncertainty Quantification: Methods and Application to Dynamical Systems

Sovizi,Javad JSovizi at mdanderson.org
Thu Aug 18 19:53:46 PDT 2016

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
IEEE CASE 2016 Full-day Workshop:

Uncertainty Quantification: Methods and Application to Dynamical Systems

Date:                       Sunday, August 21, 2016
Place:                      The Worthington Renaissance Hotel, Fort Worth, Texas
Time:                       9:00AM - 5:00PM
Website:                  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uncertaintyquantification.website_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=F4P4MCvJVSy9Nb0XrtAw5BqMNDh2UDomLwTTX_gZjqQ&s=q9HcP6wuLDeYO3zTRPQVGZkBcRaKxPsuBwrqpL6SEek&e=

Workshop Organizers:

Javad Sovizi, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Suren Kumar, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
Nagavenkat Adurthi, Research Scientist, Rithmio Company, Chicago, IL
Reza Madankan, Research Data Scientist, Monsanto Agrochemical Company, St. Louis, MO
Venkat Krovi, Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University at Buffalo

We are excited to announce our first workshop on the topic of uncertainty quantification and its application to dynamical systems, medical robotic systems and healthcare problems, to be held at the 2016 IEEE Conference on Automation
 Science and Engineering (CASE), Fort Worth, TX. This is the first of a series of workshops that we are planning to organize to bring together engineers and researchers active in the field of UQ in order to provide opportunities for sharing research findings
 in this area. We believe that automation in future generation of the complex systems such as surgical robotic and medical systems requires a closer look at the state-of-the-art methods for uncertainty characterization. With such events, we are hoping to provide
 venues in which discussions can be made on how rigorous UQ techniques can be translated into the practical applications and benefit near-future generation of the automated systems.

The topics to be covered in this workshop can be categorized as follows:

1) Surrogate models and approximation techniques for UQ in complex dynamical systems
2) Kinematic uncertainty in both macro and micro scale manipulations

Confirmed Speakers:

Aditya Das, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
Nagavenkat Adurthi, Rithmio Company, Chicago, IL
Reza Madankan, Monsanto Agrochemical Company, St. Louis, MO
Javad Sovizi, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Suren Kumar, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

Further details can be found in: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uncertaintyquantification.website_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=F4P4MCvJVSy9Nb0XrtAw5BqMNDh2UDomLwTTX_gZjqQ&s=q9HcP6wuLDeYO3zTRPQVGZkBcRaKxPsuBwrqpL6SEek&e=

We look forward to seeing you in Fort Worth on Sunday.

Javad Sovizi, on behalf of workshop organizers.

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.