[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

brenna d. argall brenna.argall at northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 19 16:19:06 PDT 2016

[ **I will be attending CASE and RO-MAN** ...if you are as well and are interested in this position, send me an email! ]

Job opening: Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University and Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago

The assistive & rehabilitation robotics laboratory (argallab) at Northwestern University and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position. The umbrella project for the position is on the topic of shared autonomy between a human and robot, and ways to shift between explicit autonomy levels. More broadly, our lab's research lies at the intersection of autonomous robots, machine learning and human rehabilitation. We are uniquely positioned as an autonomous robotics group housed within the #1 rehabilitation hospital in the United States. For more information, please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__argallab.smpp.northwestern.edu&d=DQIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=jhyBprnAJR3VqbI3Hc86SHoXnCPpxx416oUiB1fxU-A&s=LyDa1NylhIy_KwQ_U-shS5xao-UFTztTXpzjPA8czi0&e=

Minimum Experience:
* PhD degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in the development of robot control paradigms and higher-level behaviors, where development includes both writing code (C++, ROS, python) and its implementation on real hardware.
* Proficiency in debugging software and hardware systems.
* Creativity and independence in the identification of research problems and approaches to solving them.

Preferred Experience:
* Expertise in ROS and/or machine learning.
* Experience with subject studies.

Applications: Electronic only. Please email your CV and letter of intent (2-page limit) to the lab director, Prof. Brenna Argall, at this email address and with the subject line "Postdoc Application: Shared Autonomy". Promising applicants will be asked to follow up with letters of reference.