[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Position in Medical Robotics at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Dupont, Pierre Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 29 11:24:04 PDT 2016

We are seeking a highly motivated researcher for the following project:

Robotic Implants - This project involves creating robots that reside inside the body to modulate physiological functions, e.g., through application of forces or control of flow rates. Strong prototyping and system integration skills are needed. Experience in medical robotics and animal studies is a plus. The ability to work collaboratively with clinicians is also important. It is expected that the successful candidates will hold a PhD in engineering, physics or computer science.

Our Lab's mission is to embed creative young engineers and scientists in the #1 US pediatric hospital. This ensures that we work on clinically important problems and enables us to rapidly transition engineering prototypes to a clinical setting for testing. More information on our lab can be found at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics.tch.harvard.edu&d=DQIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=jowl_0zso7CNGvOU3D1kv_oxUpaXy28yxQ0wSVT3HMA&s=K6CZeoBkPdSakRVEFT5O7rbb_vbytXHWpMIpPliTkHI&e=

Qualified applicants should respond by email as soon as possible to Prof. Pierre Dupont (Pierre.Dupont at childrens.harvard.edu) with a description of their qualifications, academic background, PhD thesis, publications, career goals and availability. They should specify which position they are interested in and include pdf's of up to 3 publications. Initial appointments will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Postdoctoral appointments will be made through Harvard Medical School.

Pierre E. Dupont
Edward P. Marram Chair and Chief,
Pediatric Cardiac Bioengineering
Boston Children's Hospital