[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Self Driving Cars at Google

Nathaniel Fairfield nfairfield at google.com
Tue Aug 30 17:24:59 PDT 2016

Google’s self-driving car team is looking for talented software engineers,
researchers, and out-of-the-box thinkers to help us tackle real-world
driving problems, advance the state of the art -- and make the world safer
for everyone. You will be working closely with other passionate engineers
and world-class researchers on novel and difficult problems.

Solid software development skills, deep experience in at least one relevant
field, and strong interest in getting systems to really, *really* work are
essential. We need people that are driven by hard problems, love developing
new ideas, and aren't satisfied till they've made the significant leaps
from theory to practice to product.  Direct experience on self-driving car
projects is definitely a plus.

Our cars are very capable, but there are still many challenges remaining as
we expand the scope of our effort.  We're looking for help to make
self-driving cars happen *soon*.

Requirements:

- Strong interest and experience in solving hard applied robotics
problems in the areas of computer vision, sensor fusion, machine learning,
object detection and tracking, prediction, control, motion planning, and
routing
- A demonstrated record of strong C++ software development skills
- PhD/MS or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Passionate about self-driving cars and autonomous vehicles
- Lots of experience with applied, real world systems -- direct experience
with self-driving cars is a plus!

For more information about what we're doing, see: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.google.com_&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=PEgVNt_K94ZeDbhjOrKp_TzInrNV0cb7h4x5bqaVZw0&s=ETO_EawYaYTfzRAsNkTnDUcjMsKdVrvgiUKze18Ior0&e=
selfdrivingcar/

Please apply at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.google.com_about_careers_search-23-21t-3Djo-26&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=PEgVNt_K94ZeDbhjOrKp_TzInrNV0cb7h4x5bqaVZw0&s=q7BkFnqZaMnUcCsIExi8O1S6-AVK3Qvy89GgLRYJ0T0&e=
jid=206045001&

Thanks,
Nathaniel