[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Computer Vision Research Scientists at nuTonomy (self-driving cars startup)
censi at mit.edu
Sun Dec 4 07:17:29 PST 2016
nuTonomy, a self-driving cars startup with offices in Cambridge,
Singapore, Santa Monica, and Zurich, is hiring in a variety of roles,
both junior and senior, with particular interest in the following
areas: multimodal perception, computer vision, machine learning (deep
or not), joint inference and control, behavior/activity inference and
Please see below for our announcement for a position of Research
Scientist in Computer Vision. Other announcements are at nutonomy.com,
with positions at all levels (junior, senior, and internships).
nuTonomy aims to be the first company in the world to launch an
autonomous taxi system, and we are building up an awesome team to make
this goal a reality. nuTonomy is developing the first-of-its-kind
complete solution for providing point-to-point mobility via large
fleets of autonomous vehicles. This includes software for autonomous
vehicle navigation in urban environments, smartphone-based ride
hailing, fleet routing and management, and controlling a vehicle
remotely through teleoperation. The company’s software has been tested
in the U.S., Singapore, and Europe. For more information about
nuTonomy, visit: nutonomy.com
We are seeking highly talented Junior/Senior Research Scientists
focused on computer vision & machine learning to support a variety of
teams. We are looking for excellent research scientists in Computer
Vision that will focus on researching, developing, and deploying
algorithms for extracting semantic information from RGB(D) video
streams, including detection, segmentation, tracking and fine-grained
classification, with the goal of using this information in a real-time
robotic system with high safety requirements.
In this role, you would work closely with experts of other sensor
modalities to build a fully-integrated perception system, as well as
experts in planning and control to “close the loop” on actual robots.
To support your work, you will be able to use a state-of-the-art
scalable computing, simulation, and testing environment, which allows
a quick transition of your ideas from prototype to vehicles on the
road. You will also be expected to mentor junior colleagues.
Lastly, you will join an awesome group of motivated colleagues, both
industry professionals as well as leading researchers from academia,
who like to approach problems with both creativity and rigor, to push
beyond the state of the art.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience of one or more of the following:
- Deep learning applied to images or video data.
- Other modern machine learning methods, with a focus on rigorous statistics.
- Geometric computer-vision such as SLAM, optical-flow and stereo.
- Sensor fusion of RGB and depth.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience developing software as part of a team.
- Experience in automotive or other real-time and embedded systems.
- Experience with temporal data-association, tracking, etc.
- Experience with formal software development methods.
- Experience with deep net compression methods.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR,
ICML, NIPS, ICCV…)
- Familiarity with C++, Python, CUDA, Git, CMake, continuous
integration tools and the agile development process.
More information about the robotics-worldwide