[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Software Robotics Engineer at Apptronik

Nicholas Paine npaine at apptronik.com
Mon Dec 5 14:59:58 PST 2016

Apptronik Inc. <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.apptronik.com_&d=DgIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Q1r3rzR9vbXpGq5afABBw-EbGMqqbIzl6sm5XsyuEyY&s=4k1GsJ6qcrpE-40f9_Xca33Lkso0kLyXCEp4sPxDS-s&e= > is a spin-off company from the
Human Centered Robotics Lab at The University of Texas at Austin.  At
Apptronik, we build advanced mobile articulated robots using
high-performance actuators and distributed control systems.  Our vision is
to engineer these highly versatile robotic systems to augment the
productivity, autonomy, and safety of humans over a broad spectrum of
applications. We at Apptronik have a history of building advanced robotic
systems and were part of the core engineering team that built NASA-JSC's
Valkyrie Humanoid Robot.  We're looking for highly motivated and talented
engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our
team.

The details of this software robotics engineer position are as follows:

Must have:

Excellent programming skills in C/C++
High-level of proficiency with ROS
Excellent communication and documentation skills
Background in control of robotic systems including basic modeling and
feedback control techniques

Nice to have:

Familiarity with Gazebo or other simulation environments
Experience working in a real-time Linux environment
Experience with EtherCAT
Embedded systems experience

Level of education: BS or Masters in Computer Science or Electrical
Engineering
Start date: Immediate
Location: Austin, TX

We are a start-up, so applicants should be comfortable with the pro's and
con's of working at an early-stage company.

To apply, please send a copy of your resume to jobs at apptronik.com.

*Nicholas Paine*

*Chief Technology Officer*

*Apptronik Systems, Inc.*