[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Perception Lead at nuTonomy (self-driving cars startup)
censi at mit.edu
Mon Dec 12 16:33:44 PST 2016
nuTonomy is looking for a *Perception Lead* to guide our growing
Please distribute to senior people who might be interested.
We are seeking a Perception Lead to guide nuTonomy's growing
perception team, which is developing a wide range of perception
capabilities, including: multimodal sensor fusion (lidar, camera,
radar, ...), SLAM/SfM, object detection, object tracking, scene
understanding, automatic sensor calibration and fault detection, and
all other capabilities necessary for making a fleet of vehicles
autonomous. nuTonomy's strategy is heavily focused on a holistic
approach to the problem, using task-driven perception and joint
inference and control.
The perception lead will be responsible for leading the overall design
of the perception system, as well as its integration in the larger
system. They will have the responsibility of identifying
goals/milestones, writing technical roadmaps, and the determination of
performance metrics and testing plans.
* Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace,
Controls, or a related field, with respectable publication record in
at least one of the core fields mentioned above.
* Experience recruiting, building & leading large engineering teams.
* Experience developing large software projects.
* Excellent communication and writing skills.
* Experience in the automotive industry, especially in ADAS systems.
* Experience in the aerospace industry, especially in safety-critical systems.
* Experience with building autonomous systems containing both
perception and control.
* Deep understanding of estimation theory and filtering theory (i.e.
being intimately familiar with terms such as sigma-algebra, minimal
* Working knowledge of modern machine learning methods.
* Working knowledge of planning and control theory.
* Knowledge of formal methods of systems engineering and software engineering.
This job posting: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nutonomy.com_jobs.html-3Fgh-5Fjid-3D467654&d=DgIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mWjiado8apKVuhtu8qvQFlDeZmTuelQ7kbSi4_p36Ao&s=de1FBYfQXrlLl_MzYE_Tpvk6i4fQhEzL8tQk70wWUmk&e=
All other job postings (an incomplete list; we are hiring in *every*
area - please inquire if your specialty is not listed):
More information about the robotics-worldwide