[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Cloud Robotics Software Engineer position at iRobot
bkehoe at irobot.com
Tue Dec 13 10:56:00 PST 2016
iRobot is looking for a talented roboticist with experience in cloud computing (or a talented cloud software engineer with experience in robotics or IoT). If you're interested in cloud robotics-using the internet to enable robots to do more and better things-iRobot is the place to be. Apply at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__careers-2Dirobot.icims.com_jobs_3067_senior-2Dcloud-2Drobotics-2Dsoftware-2Dengineer_job&d=DgIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=smHkbzdEWtb8DSSwUHvhgGHzIU1usox9FZM4r5ffll8&s=Wh8lwJdVo4D7bRcX9hqwwextr8vrK2VgHYQT7FRx3os&e=
Location: Bedford, MA or Pasadena, CA USA
The Cloud Robotics Software Engineer will be a versatile software engineer who will design, prototype, and mature next-generation cloud solutions supporting connected consumer robot concepts and products.
These solutions will be the foundation for key services and capabilities supporting iRobot's connected products roadmap.
The Cloud Robotics Software Engineer will bring a unique combination of commercial cloud infrastructure services, services integration, web components, systems development, analytics, and security experience across different technology and platform stacks.
Working closely with R&D, IT, and product development teams, the position will be responsible for designing and developing solutions to support next generation cloud-enabled robotic products.
Key for success in this role is a unique blend of technical skills, applications development and cloud infrastructure management, architecture mindset, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our advanced technology team as a Cloud Robotics Software Engineer.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
* Responsibilities center on systems design and development of cloud services supporting robotics products, with a focus on the Amazon AWS platform.
* Participate in the creation of next generation connected consumer robotics products developed at iRobot.
* Work closely with stakeholders across product management, engineering, IT, and R&D to identify cloud-based feature opportunities and translate them into prototype implementations for evaluation and characterization
* Contribute to the understanding of business impact around cloud-based services and features, including cost models, technical and architectural specifications, security considerations, etc.
* Implement secure development practices and ensure security at all application and data layers.
* Experience designing and building solutions for distributed systems with a strong emphasis on scalability, availability and reliability
* Strong familiarity with PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS technologies and practices
* Experience with foundational cloud services for storage, computation, event processing, messaging, data processing, and analytics - AWS (preferred), Azure, Google, etc
* 7+ years of software development with object-oriented languages like Java, C++, or Python
* Knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and integration with Cloud data providers
* Experience of JSON, XML and related notational data representations
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Reports to: Technology Organization
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference. iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $500+ million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China & Hong Kong.
iRobot has made some of the world's most important robots. iRobot's home robots are revolutionizing the way people clean - inside and out. More than 9 million home robots have been sold worldwide.
The award-winning iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaning robot is leading the charge. Roomba made practical robots a reality for the first time and showed the world that robots are here to stay.
As a pioneer in the robot industry, iRobot's goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by fueling the era of robots. To support and encourage the development of robot technology, iRobot offers comprehensive resources for third-party developers, providing information and products that facilitate the creation and easy integration of new payloads, behaviors and capabilities on iRobot platforms.
iRobot is an "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled"
More information about the robotics-worldwide