[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Internship Opportunities in Robotics at NASA-JPL

Agha, Ali (347F) aliakbar.aghamohammadi at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 21 12:50:41 PST 2016

The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California has a few openings for 2016 *spring* internship in the area of integrated perception and motion planning. The positions are available immediately and the *start day* for internship has to be in the *first three months of 2017*. The length of internship could vary from 4 months to 7 months depending on the applicant’s availability.

The job function includes active participation and contribution to JPL's activities related to robotic autonomy, controls, and computer vision. Activities include: theoretical analysis, software development in C++/ROS/Linux, and submission of technical papers to conferences/journals.

Background in almost half of the following areas is required:
* Motion Planning Under Uncertainty
* Belief Space Planning
* Optimization and Real-time Trajectory Generation
* Robot Localization and Mapping
* Sampling-based Robot Motion Planning Methods
* Collision Avoidance Algorithms
* Estimation Theory
* Control Theory
* Stochastic Differential Equations

Required Skills:
* Solid fundamentals in linear algebra, probability theory, and statistics
* Demonstrated programming skills in C++/Python
* Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
* Comfortable with development in Linux
* Strong written and verbal communications skills

Interested candidates should send their resume and date of availability to mobility.applicant at jpl.nasa.gov, with email subject [Autonomy Research Internship].

Ali-akbar Agha-mohammadi
Robotics Research Technologist
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech

P.S. For more information on JPL Robotics, please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www-2Drobotics.jpl.nasa.gov_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=cjSZB8HErGm5JP7e77TkMJXbWmWg0zITO96oUWQPkNU&s=b9g61fwoAVeu1IUutSS7w8eKNq49srxfvL6OBLI0UU0&e=
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is NASA’s lead center for robotic exploration of the Solar System. Our core competency is the end-to-end implementation of unprecedented robotic space missions to study Earth, the Solar System, and the Universe. We are proud to be part of NASA and California Institute of Technology (Caltech), as we explore the universe and make history through new discoveries. We aim to do things never done before and to go places few can go. For more information on JPL Robotics, please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www-2Drobotics.jpl.nasa.gov_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=cjSZB8HErGm5JP7e77TkMJXbWmWg0zITO96oUWQPkNU&s=b9g61fwoAVeu1IUutSS7w8eKNq49srxfvL6OBLI0UU0&e=