[robotics-worldwide] [JOBS] Research opening for the post of Project Officer (Software Development)
Pek Kian Huat Alex
KHPEK at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Dec 26 17:40:11 PST 2016
Project Officer (Software Development)
Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE)<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.eee.ntu.edu.sg_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=oerThyNsDDrd0uTmEWwVv6CDNfdWj-KvLFCrZ1U7MLQ&s=ESqS2q2cNwV8RZRsiAWmtuQncl3QTldhmDFkDkUSrRU&e= > is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and strong tradition in research. To support teaching and cutting-edge research, EEE is host to 12 research centres and more than 50 laboratories, which are well-equipped with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. With about 150 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,300 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world.
* Develop software for robotics and automation projects, including man-machine interface, system control, PLC control, database, power management.
* Optimise the code for embedded system performance.
* Support the conduct of field trials for robotics and automation systems.
* Responsible for analysing and understanding software requirements under test.
* Responsible for generating software test plan and procedures.
* Set up required testbeds (hardware, software, network )
* Conduct software testing for lab and system tests.
* Generate test logs and report defects.
* Degree in Electrical & Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, or related disciplines
* Experience with software development and integration preferably in a Linux environment
* Proficient in C, C++, Python and Matlab
* Understanding of various concurrency control mechanisms such as software transactional memory or the use of immutable data structures
* Those with past experience using ROS will be preferred
* Those with mobile robotics background will be preferred
* Possess good analytical and problem solving skills, positive attitude and self-motivated
* One or two years of working experience in a similar environment.
Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.
Interested candidates please send your CV/resume including a description of your past experiences to:
Mr Alex Pek
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
Email: khpek at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:khpek at ntu.edu.sg>
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide