[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd Call for tutorials at ECAI 2016

Suzan Verberne s.verberne at cs.ru.nl
Tue Jan 5 03:01:01 PST 2016

(apologies for cross-posting)

CALL FOR TUTORIAL PROPOSALS

The ECAI 2016 (www.ecai2016.org) Organizing Committee invites
proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with the conference.
Under the general theme of “AI for human values”, ECAI 2016 will be
held in the city of The Hague, in sight the Peace Palace, seat of the
International Court of Justice. This location is highly appropriate to
the conference theme. The tutorials will be scheduled on August 29-30.

As in former editions, tutorial participation is free for all
conference participants in order to encourage high participation rates
in the tutorials.

== Format and application ==

In addition to “standard” half-day tutorials, ECAI 2016 will also
feature “spotlight” tutorials, organized in a single 90-minute slot
each. Spotlight tutorials are meant to address emerging areas,
techniques, methodologies and perspectives in AI. Standard tutorials
are meant to cover rather established areas of AI such as Machine
Learning, Knowledge Representation, Natural Language Processing and
others, as well as, in particular, topics in the overlap of such
areas.

Applications must be made via EasyChair at
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ecai2016-tutorials (to be
opened soon)

They should include a 2-page abstract, indicating title, topic and
motivation for the tutorial, intended audience, preferred format
(standard or spotlight), relevance to the ECAI community, list of
previous venues and audience numbers for related tutorials, specific
equipment requirements, and a short bio of the presenter(s), including
name, affiliation, email address and website. Notice that we might ask
you to switch to the other format for organizational reasons.

== Important Dates ==

- Tutorial  proposal submission: 18 January 2016
- Tutorial  proposal notification: 15 February 2016

== Areas ==

The tutorial should concern artificial intelligence and its
applications. We welcome tutorials about both well established areas,
as well as up and coming topics.

== Policy on multiple submissions ==

We encourage proposals of brand new tutorials, as well as tutorials
that have already been successfully offered before, or that are also
being proposed to other venues (e.g., other major AI conferences). In
that case, the application should include a complete list of such
venues.

== Benefits ==

For each full tutorial 1 free conference registration to ECAI 2016
will be available. Giving a tutorial is an excellent way to gain
visibility, to build your professional network, and is seen as an
important service to the community.

== Cancellation ==

Please understand that we may have to cancel a tutorial if not enough
participants register or if deadlines are not met. At least 10
participants need to be registered by the early registration deadline
to guarantee that the tutorial goes ahead.

== Inquiries ==

Direct all your inquires to the tutorial chairs Sophia Ananiadou and
Leon van der Torre via  tutorial-chairs at ecai2016.org

--
Suzan Verberne, postdoctoral researcher
Information Foraging Lab, Institute for Computing and Information Sciences
Email: s.verberne at cs.ru.nl
http://sverberne.ruhosting.nl