[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] New Research Engineering Positions in Artificial Intelligence for Autonomous Transport Solutions at Scania

Cirillo Marcello marcello.cirillo at scania.com
Tue Jan 5 14:59:31 PST 2016

[Apologies for cross-postings]

We are recruiting research engineers who will contribute to shape the transport systems of the future. New positions are currently open at Scania in the areas of automated reasoning, decision making, planning and scheduling, motion planning and multi-robot coordination.

Scania is a world-renowned provider of transport solutions, designing and manufacturing robust and reliable trucks and busses. Our work strongly focuses on sustainability and safety, and we believe that autonomous drive is the necessary next step for driver assistance systems.

= Your task =

You will join a team whose focus is to design and develop algorithms and techniques for:
* Interpreting traffic situations both on highways and in urban settings
* Automatically generating safe and efficient action plans in complex traffic situations
* Planning optimized trajectories for vehicle manoeuvring
* Coordinating the operation of multiple transport vehicles

Each team member is expected to work in close cooperation with the other colleagues and to participate in the whole software development cycle, from algorithmic design and prototype implementation to testing in simulation and on real heavy vehicles.

= Your profile =

A successful candidate must hold a PhD in Robotics, Computer Science or a related field, or a Master degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience. The candidate should have understanding of and experience with at least one of the following areas:
* Semantic reasoning
* Planning and scheduling under uncertainty
* Automated reasoning
* Motion planning

Strong analytical skills and a solid mathematical foundation are also required, as well as provable hands-on experience in designing and developing algorithms and good understanding of computer systems. The candidate will also have several years of development experience in C/C++ and/or Matlab/Simulink. Previous work with robotic systems is desirable.

Candidates must be able to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.

= About us =

Our team is part of Scania Research and Development, and we focus on long term development of sustainable transport systems. We have the ambitious task of drastically reducing the environmental footprint, increase the efficiency of the entire transport system and to develop solutions for eliminating traffic accidents.
Our facilities are situated in Södertälje, a medium size city located only 20 minutes away from the heart of Stockholm, Sweden.

= Interested? Apply today<calendar:T5:today>! =

If you want to join our team, apply at http://career.scania.com/jobs. Your application must contain a motivation letter and your CV, including credentials.

= Further questions? =

Jon Andersson, +46 8 553 899 57<tel:+46%208%20553%20899%2057>,jon.andersson at scania.com<mailto:jon.andersson at scania.com>