[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd CFP - Workshop on Creative Agents (CREAS) @ AAMAS

Manfred Eppe eppe at icsi.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 6 13:05:56 PST 2016

*   *CREAS 2016 – CALL FOR PAPERS**

**1st International Workshop on Creative Agents**

               Co-located with the International Conference on
             Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2016)
                          9-10 May 2016, Singapore
http://www.creative-agents.org
<http://www.creative-agents.org>
**Organising Committee**

                    Manfred Eppe, ICSI, Berkeley, USA
              Marco Schorlemmer, IIIA-CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
             Alison Pease, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
             Roberto Confalonieri, IIIA-CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
*
*****Important Dates**

               Paper Submission Deadline: 1st Feb, 2016
               Notification of Acceptance: 7th March, 2016
               Camera Ready Submission: 10th March, 2016
               AAMAS Conference and Workshops: 9-13th May, 2016

**Workshop Description and Relevant Research Areas**

Problem solving and collaboration are clearly creative processes, so it
seems
very reasonable to formalise and to apply cognitive theories about
creativity in
agent systems to improve problem solving and collaboration capabilities. The
goal of this workshop is to provide a venue for contributions that take this
creative perspective, and that improve the capabilities of single- and
multi-
agent systems by using creative methods.

We envision approaches that are driven by cognitive theories about
creativity to
improve agent reasoning, problem solving and collaborative behaviour. We
also
envision approaches that focus on producing arts, and on proving and
indicating
correctness of cognitive theories about creativity by simulating them in an
artificial single- or multi-agent environment. We hope that contributions in
this field shed light on the following questions: “What is the role of
creativity in problem solving and collaboration, and also “What is the
role of
problem solving and collaboration in creativity?" We invite researchers to
submit fresh or preliminary ideas about all aspects of creativity in agent
systems. We welcome contributions with a neuronal connectionist
background as
well as those that focus more on logical symbolicist theories. We especially
encourage also hybrid approaches, with the aim to foster an
interdisciplinary
discussion and cross-fertilisation between the two communities.

Workshop topics include, but are not limited to:
* Computational creativity for problem solving, including action planning,
   cognitive robotic programming and BDI systems.
* Social aspects of creativity, including creativity in agent
collaboration and
   communication.
* Creativity in learning agents, including the role of creativity for
reward in
   reinforcement learning, inductive learning, and classification.
* The relation between embodiment and creativity.
* Cognitive agent frameworks.
* Conceptual blending and concept invention.
* Creative robots.
* Assessment and evaluation of creativity, including contributions that
   address the question about when an agent is creative.
* Improvisation and spontaneous failure recovery via creative acting.
* Emotionality and serendipity in agent systems.
* Relation between self-awareness and creativity in agent systems.
* Creativity in the context of belief, desire and intention.
* Creative agents in the web and in the cloud.
* Agent-based systems that address creativity in music, poetry, visual
arts,
   design, dance, programming and mathematics.
* The role of creativity for self-organisation.
* Creative argumentation.

**Workshop Format and Publication Details**

The workshop is designed as a full day workshop with invited talks by
keynote
speakers and presentations of peer-reviewed papers and demonstrations.
We accept
three kinds of contributions:
1. Full research papers (max. 8 pages), where we expect original and novel
contributions in the field.
2. Position papers (max. 4 pages), which are are intended to shape the
scope
of young research projects, and to discuss preliminary results with the
community.
3. Demonstrations (accompanied by an extended abstract of approximately 1-2
pages). Demonstrations can use any kind of multimedia, e.g., video,
audio or
both. Live systems, software demos and and robotic applications are also
highly
encouraged.

Submissions should be formatted in the same ACM proceedings style that
is used
at the AAMAS conference, as described here:
http://sis.smu.edu.sg/aamas2016?itemid=10111. Papers should be submitted
as pdf
file via easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=creas2016.

**Visionary Paper and Best Paper Award**

Two workshop papers will be selected for publication in two Springer
books: 1)
The most visionary paper will appear under Springer’s Lecture Notes in
Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) – Hot Topics series 2) The best workshop
paper
will be published under Springer’s Communications in Computer and
Information
Science (CCIS) series Should a position paper or a system demo be awarded,
authors will be asked to submit an extended full paper version of their
work.

--
-
Dr. Manfred Eppe