[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Passionate about the future of autonomous aircraft? Join our Team!

Marcel Bergerman marcel at nearearthautonomy.com
Thu Jan 7 11:00:28 PST 2016

Near Earth Autonomy is looking for engineers and researchers eager to
create a future where unmanned aircraft are commonplace and safe. Our
technology enables unmanned aircraft ranging in scale from sub-meter to
full scale to autonomously inspect, map, survey, and transport.  We work on
applications in infrastructure maintenance, agriculture, mining, emergency
response, and cargo delivery. We are serious about system design,
development, and real-world testing, and delivering to customers working,
useful systems. If you too believe that unmanned aircraft systems are
poised to revolutionize the skies, and are knowledgeable in one or more of
the fields below, please send your resume to jobs at nearearth.aero.

Technical fields of interest
-----------------------------------
Sensors and sensing, especially vision and lidar
Sensor fusion
Perception algorithms
Motion planning algorithms
Relative navigation
Robot collaboration

Skills of interest
---------------------
Software engineering, development, and testing, especially using C++ and ROS
Embedded systems design, development, and testing
Robotic system design, development, and testing

Educational requirements
----------------------------------
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in robotics, computer science, computer engineering,
electrical engineering, or related field

Near Earth Autonomy (http://nearearth.aero) is a fast growing, spin-off
from Carnegie Mellon University. We develop comprehensive solutions for
manufacturers and users of low-flying aircraft that need to operate in all
weather conditions, and in hostile unprepared environments. We bridge the
gap between aerospace and robotics with complete systems that improve
efficiency, performance and safety, and, expands the types of missions
where aircraft are used, enabling manned and unmanned operations.
Currently, the company leads key efforts in perception, motion planning and
human-machine interfaces as applied to cutting-edge programs developing
next generation capabilities for aviation.

For more information, please visit http://www.nearearth.aero.