[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Engineer Position in Automation at Singapore Institute of Technology
mustafa.shabbir at singaporetech.edu.sg
Sun Jan 10 21:46:22 PST 2016
This position will involve the potential hire in a research project that
focuses on the automated inspection and condition monitoring of boiler
components in a power generation plant, as well as providing specialist
support on the development and delivery of academic programmes related to
the area of automation.
- Conduct research on automation technologies for the automated inspection
and condition monitoring of boiler components in offline and online testing
- Design and develop a functional prototype for automated inspection and
condition monitoring of boiler components. This also includes designing an
effective and efficient inspection procedure (i.e., trajectory planning &
path optimization) of the various boiler features in both offline and online
- Perform experiments with representative boiler features to evaluate and
benchmark proposed automation technology against current manual process.
- Assist academic faculty in developing and delivering training and
curriculum including laboratory practical for engineering degree programmes.
- Support the faculty in the supervision of engineering students in
automation-related project work and studies.
- Work with other professional officers to maintain and manage engineering
- Coordinate procurement and commissioning of automation equipment and
ancillary tools to support research and academic activities.
- Ensure compliance with work, health and safety regulations while
performing risk assessment for all practical work conducted.
- A relevant degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering (or
equivalent) from a recognised university (an added advantage if holding a
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience (or equivalent) in design
and development of mechatronics systems (i.e., mechanical design,
electronics instrumentation and motion control implementation).
- Proficient in 3D computer-aided design modelling and engineering
simulation softwares (e.g., Solidworks, Ansys, MATLAB, Labview).
- Proficient in research and academic support work with demonstrated
analytical ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
- Able to work independently and under tight timelines to deliver project
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
towards overcoming challenges.
- Fresh graduates with excellent academic results will be considered
Please visit SIT Careers <https://sit.hbcareers.com/hboss-sb-api/job/34501>
to initiate the job application process. Thank you.
View this message in context: http://robotics-worldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com/robotics-worldwide-jobs-Research-Engineer-Position-in-Automation-at-Singapore-Institute-of-Technology-tp5713028.html
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide